Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
Archetype is seeking an adaptable Tools Engineer at either the associate level or straight-up engineer, to join our Tools team. In this role, you will build new tools that will enable and improve the creative process for our artists, designers, writers, and engineers. You will be a liaison between our creative and engineering departments helping to develop the workflows and processes the team will use to build our game. The focus for you will be in working with the Unreal Editor technology stack and being the go-to authority for the Slate UI Framework. Ultimately the work you do on the Tools Team will have a large impact on the productivity of the studio!
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to the design, development, and operation of our tools.
- Own systems, with some direction, and a high degree of autonomy.
- Collaborate across all game development teams to understand their tool workflows and needs.
- Analyze and champion improvements of our team processes, standards, and workflows.
- Become the expert developer for Unreal Editor tooling.
What You'll Bring:
- Advanced knowledge of C++.
- Experience with a Game Engine and Editor (Unreal or Unity).
- Aptitude to learn a wide variety of languages, frameworks, and technologies used to develop tools (C#, WPF, Python).
- Experience working with storage technologies such as SQL and NoSQL databases.
- A strong focus on quality and scalability.
- Customer and service oriented mentality to support our developers.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant professional experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.