At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking a senior digital marketing manager to lead all aspects of our customer relationship marketing strategy to fuel player engagement, monetization, retention, and reactivation. You should have experience in email marketing that includes: campaign development and implementation, as well as tracking and reporting results with an understanding of excellent data visualization.
As a team, we agree on these guiding principles:
- Players First: Always keep the player top-of-mind, using data to make the player experience better and more positive
- A data-informed culture is best
- If ever in doubt, see the first principle
If these sound-like concepts you can rally behind, come adventure with us!
What you'll do:
- Lead the development, implementation, and optimization of email marketing campaigns that drive engagement, monetization, retention, and reactivation.
- Champion the player perspective – from implementing testing strategies to identifying trends and insights in performance data that allow for constant improvement to our CRM program.
- Be responsible for the exploration and implementation of Live Ops and cross-platform direct marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to create best-in-class assets for the channel and raise the bar for player experiences.
- Guide projects successfully from initiate through delivery – publishing content, managing design requests, and providing exceptional documentation.
- Craft new things and taking pride in delivering innovative, functional, and fabulous player experiences.
What you'll bring:
- 6+ years of progressive responsibility in a direct-to-consumer email marketing role.
- 2+ years of success leading a team of marketing professionals.
- Record of outstanding execution and experience developing a winning lifecycle email marketing program.
- Test and learn perspective that fosters innovative ways of delivering against player and organizational expectations.
- Familiarity with mobile push notification marketing strategies.
- Detailed understanding of CRM technologies (HTML/CSS/ESPs).
- Project management, JIRA, Asana, SQL, and Confluence experience a plus.
- Playing games is in your DNA!
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.