At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
The Magic TCG Studio is hiring a packaging-savvy Senior Graphic Designer with an eye for innovative design, a passion for visual storytelling, and a deep connection to both awesome retail/product expressions AND fantasy entertainment. Our outstanding artwork, intriguing characters, engaging worlds, and tales of fantastical adventure are waiting for you!
The Senior Graphic Designer will build Magic’s packaging “look and feel” using all the skills of the modern creative – identity, structural, graphic design, illustration, typography, and art direction. This is a tactical, hands-on design role in which you will ensure the style and quality of all assets conform to the vision and requirements as defined by brand standards, the Art Directors and our production processes.
This role will collaborate with Magic creative teams and lead the development of packaging throughout the entire process — from creative conception through production — developing outstanding concepts and building original designs to support, market, and improve Magic product.
What you'll do:
Using primarily Adobe Creative Suite you will concept, pitch, execute, lead, and deliver creative solutions for Magic TCG packaging and product — everything from packaging mock-ups to final print-ready files — while sticking to design industry standards. In this role, you will:
- Build multiple visual solutions based on creative direction and strategy provided while constantly innovating on the brand.
- Lead peer Graphic Designers, aiding in team graphic design thinking and technical skill development.
- Communicate and execute feedback from Studio Managers, Product Designers, and Art Directors.
- Stay up-to-date on current design trends and pursue creative development by collaborating with management and peers to develop skills.
- Brainstorm as a team, not as an individual.
What you'll bring:
- 6+ yrs experience in a Graphic Design, Art Direction, or related role in Print Production.
- Portfolio demonstrating high-quality design work related to Print.
- Passion for packaging, structural, and print processes.
- Specialization in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator software, with experience crafting clean, print-ready files.
- Microsoft Outlook, Teams, and Adobe Acrobat familiarity a plus.
- Advanced illustration or painting skills a plus.
- Familiarity with the materials and manufacturing processes related to consumer packaging.
- Can use brand strategy to produce strong, conceptual, creative solutions.
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous and constantly evolving creative environment.
- Being a fan of gaming, sci-fi, or fantasy fandom a plus, but not required.
In the Wizards TCG Studio, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating broadly accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.