At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking an Senior Product Designer, Competitive Play to help design Magic: The Gathering play experiences and programs for competitive play. Play programs focus on Standard, Modern, Pioneer, and Draft, and other potential constructed and limited formats. The ideal candidate will both have a great sense of what appeals to current competitive players, while also having a vision of what can appeal to diverse and new segments to grow the audience and engagement. As part of this role you will also work within Wizards to develop and implement these programs, working with a variety of teams responsible for making incredible experiences for our fans!
What you'll do:
- Work with a mix of product, experience, and game designers to design competitive play programs and experiences.
- Lead new experiences and programs through the development process, ensuring executive visibility and that partner teams have what they need to implement them.
- Work with intelligence and data analysts to perform data capture and analysis to better improve understanding of player segments and programs.
- Work with digital and partner teams to integrate digital and third party programs in the overall portfolio of competitive play experiences.
- Work with business and product teams to integrate play programs with key business initiatives.
- Measure and monitor player satisfaction with programs and use analysis to drive future iterations.
- Create target segments of new player acquisition for play, and work with studio and marketing to implement programs targeting those segments.
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years experience in experience, product, or game design.
- Significant experience with organized play for Magic or other tabletop or digital games.
- An audience/player insights-centric approach driving design targets and goals.
- Highly collaborative with a wide range of disciplines – game and product design, quantitative analysts, event organizers, marketing and sales, and business development.
- Excellent communicator, comfortable with both spoken and written program communications and project development.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balancing competing priorities among multiple stakeholders
- A consistent track record of innovation, flexibility, and critical thinking.
In the Wizards TCG Studio (Studio X), we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.