At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
The Digital Magic team (Magic: The Gathering Arena, Magic Online) is seeking an ambitious, clever, and intellectually curious Digital Product Manager. This is a rare career opportunity and unique challenge to take a distinguished paper product into a digital free to play giant.
What you'll do:
The Digital Product Manager has the right mix of store and content evaluation, passion for Magic, and experience in a high-tech, creative environment. You embody the principles of content iteration and data-informed design. You thrive in an environment of collaboration, mutual respect, and straightforward communication.
This role works with leadership to conceptualize content, build and execute it accurately, and follow data on Live to continually refine a program’s impact to KPIs and quality of play experiences. Working with teams across the company to standardize methodologies, this role is the steward of keeping Arena balanced and growing. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in:
- Building content and/or measuring online free-to-play games: seasonal content, feature development, and content plan design.
- Understanding of Monetization, Engagement, and Retention strategies.
- Being the voice of the player balanced alongside practical data comparisons.
- Conceptualizing content programs within leadership goals and timelines.
- Utilizing honed design knowledge to find additional fun concepts.
- Owning and implementing program features.
- Analyzing live data to identify weaknesses, opportunities, and build recommendations that iterate on the success of the product.
- Watching performance daily, and communicating results to key partners.
What you'll bring:
The successful candidate has a strong mix of creative, leadership, and technical experience from the live services gaming space.
- Proven experience as a Product Manager or Analyst for AAA, mobile, or TCG/CCG games, with a focus on game economies
- Passion for continuous improvement and ability to challenge assumptions
- Comfortable with uncertainty and navigating shifting requirements.
- Strong ability to think through and communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing
- Ability to find, assess, and resolve sophisticated issues, and lead changes to positive results
- Ability to gather and analyze data to make informed decisions or recommendations, particularly with Excel and/or SQL, and with industry standard KPIs
- A passion for games, awareness and understanding of global markets, and market trends
- Familiarity with Magic: The Gathering rules, formats, and products
- Experience in the Chinese games market, in mobile game development, or experience with CCGs is a huge PLUS
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.