At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking a Senior Design Manager, Product and Experiences to lead a great group of product and experience designers with the charter of creating community and joy for millions of Magic players across the globe.
What you'll do
- Lead – leading a group of product and experience designers coming up with new products, product innovations, and play and social experiences designed to grow Magic’s community and engagement.
- Partner – working with a wide variety of partners – game designers, product architects, art directors, producers, sales/marketing, and technology – to bring products to life.
- Mentor – creating an environment of high-performance and high-collaboration through coaching, goal-setting, and constant engagement, communication, and listening.
- Solve – oriented toward getting products and experiences built, and the right problems solved.
- Explore – using data and segmentation analysis to create the right product and experience features, and work with others to continue building out the infrastructure of data capture and inquiry to drive future progress.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience in product design for games, technology, or business. (Magic or TCG experience a plus, but not required).
- Demonstrated leadership; consistent track record of leading teams in new endeavors and delivering solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to effectively collaborate with all professional levels
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balancing competing priorities among multiple stakeholders
- A consistent track record of innovation, flexibility, and critical thinking.
In the Wizards TCG Studio (Studio X), we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.