At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
If you have ambition, talent, and a desire to work in an upbeat and fun environment, this is the great role for you!
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help develop a new web application for millions of our customers around the world by maximizing cloud native technologies and frameworks that you and other specialists choose to work with. You will work closely with other developers, UX/UI designers, program management, and a variety of internal partners to build an outstanding and impactful web experience. Your secondary responsibility will be supporting your peers with code reviews, feature development, and interacting with an offshore team. This is another extraordinary opportunity for someone who flourishes with making an impact!
What you’ll do:
- Be involved in every stage of application development from architectural design to production support
- Continually improve your skills, keep abreast of new technologies, and always raise the standard for what is possible on your team
- Own all aspects of a system from design to deployment
- Build transparent, verifiable systems with a high degree of testing and automation
- Focus on the customer and design with their experience in mind
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can work on a wide variety of technologies and applications
- Operate services at scale and build out robust operational visibility and monitoring
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience. Additional experience with DevOps is preferred.
- Experience with building infrastructure automation and infrastructure as code is preferred.
- Experience profiling running services to identify performance and memory bottlenecks.
- Experience writing microservices in .Net or similar language.
- Interest in working with high availability, scalable systems.
- Experience with at least one major public cloud, and understanding of the infrastructure for distributed applications.
- Passion for Wizards of the Coast’s products.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.