At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for a results-oriented, innovative Global Brand Marketing Manager to support our flagship game brand, Magic: The Gathering. In this role, you'll be responsible for leading multi-channel global campaigns to bring our premiere cardsets to life. By coordinating the efforts of our global marketing teams, you'll find new ways to engage, delight and entertain our fans while achieving business goals.
Who are you?
You are detail-oriented, collaborative with others, strategic, and like to have fun along the way. You are a passionate, entrepreneurial business mind who can lead teams of diverse skillsets to a goal. The best candidates have a proven background in marketing, business strategy, and/or user growth. In fact, you have probably led marketing campaigns targeting growth and retention, developed new business strategies, and aligned key insights – preferably for digital gaming brand.
You use data to map out player life-cycles, develop new acquisition and retention strategies, and have a deep understanding of live-ops marketing for digital games.
This is a high-profile role within the company, so you will possess an outstanding sense of self-awareness and strong diplomatic skills. You're a specialist at relationship-building and know how to bring parties to the table to build collaborative outcomes and deliver high-quality results. You’d rather do and lead than sit back and wait for orders.
What you'll do:
Life cycle marketing:
- Build and execute marketing processes, and strategies to retain and win-back players.
- Lead marketing channel groups in building and executing life cycle marketing plans.
- Manage a live ops calendar and live ops meetings with channels to maximize engagement on all ongoing events.
- Create player journey maps for different cohorts and goals.
- Work with Product Manager and Business Intelligence teams to identify trends, opportunities, and points of innovation.
- Manage and evaluate critical metrics across efforts.
- Produce regular reports on results.
- Close communication with Business Intelligence and Paid Media to influence ongoing acquisition efforts.
- Work with our Creative Team to manage ongoing UA creative and strategies.
- Identify cross-promotion opportunities with other digital games and Wizards’ products.
What you'll bring:
- A minimum of 3-5 years lifecycle marketing or business strategy experience required, preferably at a game company.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of, interest in or experience with digital games required.
- Knowledge of gaming industry trends and enthusiasm for research
- Experience using data to drive decisions and planning
- Proven ability to lead large, cross-functional teams (international teams a plus)
- Proven ability to successfully plan, develop and execute campaigns and projects independently
- Rock solid organization, time management and attention to detail.
- Creativity, flexibility and positive attitude.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.