At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking a professional Database Developer to help keep the databases up and running efficiently 24/7. Our goal is to provide a flawless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
What you'll do:
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s niche role.
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views.
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users and minimize database downtime and optimize parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Determine, enforce and detail database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Monitor system performance metrics to identify potential risks/issues and supervise database performance, implementing changes and applying new patches and versions when required.
- Develop solutions using cutting edge AWS database technologies.
- Conduct research on differing approaches to data storage in AWS.
- Create architecture and develop modular software components.
- Solve issues by crafting, developing, testing, and deploying software solutions.
- Partner with full stack development teams to build databases in AWS using a DevSecOps approach and principles.
- Develop data migration plans to migrate legacy on-premises databases into AWS data stores.
- Work on indexing, replicating and performing disaster recovery services across multiple AWS regions.
What you'll bring:
- Experience as a MS SQL and AWS RDS Database Administrator.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Replication.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL.
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools.
- Familiarity with programming languages API.
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.
- Knowledge of AWS Database Migration Service.
- Experience writing, designing, testing, implementing and maintaining database applications using SQL or other database programming languages.
- Excited to learn all aspects of AWS Databases and storage patterns to include, Amazon Aurora, Relational Database Service (RDS), Dynamo, Redshift, Neptune, TimeSeries, Elasticache and Document DB.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.