At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a technical leader with the vision & determination to help level up Wizard’s customer facing digital platform and services?
We're looking for a strong, multi-disciplinary leader to manage a team of engineers developing and maintaining solutions that enable our partners to focus on game play.
We are a full-stack team and do everything from web to infrastructure and builds in some of the latest technologies like Go, Istio, and serverless services. Come join us and help redefine technology and software engineering at Wizards of the Coast!
What you'll do:
- Manage a squad of engineers working full stack to develop solutions that support our game and business partners.
- Work with other engineering managers, the tech director, and our principals to set technical direction.
- Coordinate with our producers and product owners to improve process, define solutions, and give our customers the best experience possible.
- Be involved in every stage of application development from architectural design to production support.
- Continually improve your skills, keep abreast of new technologies, and always raise the standard for what is possible on your team.
- Own all aspects of a system from design to deployment.
- Build transparent, verifiable systems with a high degree of testing and automation.
- Focus on the customer and design with their experience in mind.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can work on a wide variety of technologies and applications.
- Operate services at scale and build out robust operational visibility and monitoring.
What you'll bring:
- Experience managing a small team of developers (1-5), providing mentoring and technical direction for project related tasks.
- 6+ years of software development experience. Additional experience with dev ops and cloud infra is preferred.
- Experience with the design and implementation of microservices, serverless applications, CICD, and web front end development.
- Experience with building infrastructure automation and infrastructure as code.
- Experience profiling running services to identify performance and memory bottlenecks.
- Experience writing microservices in Go, NodeJS or Java.
- Proven history of building high availability, scalable systems.
- Deep experience with at least one major public cloud, and understanding of the infrastructure for distributed applications.
- Passion for Wizards of the Coast’s products.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.