At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join our team in crafting best-in-class game products in a global production environment.
Are you a seasoned quality pro with a passion for production? When it comes to making outstanding things is the “how” just as important to you as the “what”? If so, this might be the right role for you!
As the Wizards Quality Manager, you will guide our team of engineers in making sure that our physical games are safe, reliable and of the highest possible quality. You will also work directly with our global supply partners to improve their craft in producing world-class products in the most responsible manner possible.
What you’ll do:
- Establishes, maintains and communicates Wizards’ quality, safety, and reliability policies. Leads our product testing and materials management program.
- Leads our team responsible for managing material safety as well as testing and evaluating all aspects of physical product quality during development all the way through production.
- Guides team auditing and evaluation of supplier performance and drives quality improvement initiatives with our key production partners.
- Partners with Hasbro Global Security in development, implementation, and auditing of IP security standards. Runs supply chain audits for business ethics and environmental and social compliance.
What you’ll bring:
- A BS (MS preferred) in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or related field.
- 5+ years experience leading Quality at the organization level and in global supply chains, including application of ISO requirements for Quality Management Systems.
- 3+ years experience meeting US and global consumer product safety requirements, or equivalent experience in a similarly regulated environment.
- ASQ-certifications for Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt, Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence, and/or Quality Engineering Certification strongly desired.
- Knowledge of global regulatory requirements for consumer product safety as well as experience interpreting and applying corporate social responsibility requirements in a global manufacturing environment.
- Relevant knowledge of product manufacturing and technology with a strong emphasis on printed consumer products.
- Knowledge of quality management systems (especially ISO 9001) and tools such as Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, FMEA, root cause investigations, etc.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse groups of people.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.