At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Do you want to lead an elite Operations team?
We are seeking an experienced Director of Operations to lead Operations for the paper and printing side of our business! Our operations team gets the magic of our products into the hands of our players. From sourcing the right paper products, to partnering with printers, to maintaining strict quality standards, this business-critical team is looking for an experienced leader to help drive new product innovation in partnership with our internal teams and external vendors to delight our players with every release.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the strategy with our best in class vendors to deliver new product innovation and continuous process and product improvements. Using your experience and partnering with your team, you will continuously evaluate our supplier’s capabilities, capacities and production and material standards to drive innovation, efficiencies and ensure a diverse supplier and vendor pipeline.
- Effectively partner with the product studios to gain a deep knowledge of their product roadmap in order to champion innovation, solve product challenges, and drive a shared vision for delivering product innovation, improvements and enhancing product quality.
- Lead, inspire, and develop the quality management, product and packaging engineering, and localization teams to continue to drive excellence in our products and build subject matter expertise in their respective fields.
- Partner cross functionally to deeply understand our tools and processes to identify bottle necks and drive solutions to better manage our workflows and eliminate potential costly production issues.
- Responsible for delivering exceptional product quality and customer experiences with our products by ensuring the successful printing and packaging of all Wizards’ paper products. Partnering with and monitoring our vendors to meet our strict standards and specifications as well as our optimizing our vendor product pipeline.
- Stay up to date on industry knowledge including new technologies, techniques and industry and competitor trends in product innovation to bring new ideas to the teams.
- Negotiate and prioritize tasks by balancing the limited available resources with the vision of our creative studios.
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years leadership experience required in related field preferably managing product and packaging engineers, quality teams, and/or similar operations teams
- 5+ years experience leading teams in operations or similar teams
- Knowledge of the print and packaging industry including offset and digital print process, card cutting, laminations, varnishes, finishes, techniques
- Deep knowledge of the trading card industry is a plus
- Experience collaborating with creative teams
- Experience driving product innovation in operations and quality assurance
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.