At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
What is this role all about?
At Wizards, it's our mission to bring people together through their shared love of games. This is a unique opportunity to join our growing Montreal location and provide critical support for our HR and Talent Acquisition teams. If you're a daring Multi-classer ready to take your Recruiting and/or HR Generalist chops to the next level, look no further. Adventure has found you!
A Day in the life of an HR & Talent Acquisition Lead
In this unique, hybrid role day to day responsibilities will vary across both traditional Recruiting & HR Generalist responsibilities. This will be the sole HR contact for our Montreal office, and as such will be a meaningful confidant and partner to business leaders on all things HR & hiring related.
A sampling of regular activities includes:
- Partner with business groups to assess, build and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement, recruiting, and marketing initiatives.
- Provide timely mentorship and advice to business management to develop resolution in handling employee issues and concerns effectively.
- Partner with the business to lead quarterly conversations which focus on performance management and talent development.
- Partner with local leadership, finance, and hiring managers to build & execute effective Talent Acquisition plans - including Recruiting, sourcing, and assessment strategy.
- Conduct skill-gap analysis, collect competitive intelligence insights, utilize existing data & reports to influence prioritization plans and balance workloads.
- Act as a resource for special projects and HR/TA programs, and any other activities that may be specified by leadership.
- Connect and support other areas of the Wizards business as needed, outside of Canada.
What you’ll bring
You have an established reputation as a trusted advisor, influencing with finesse, business insight, and stewardship of our brands to drive continuous improvement.
- Inclusive – in contributing towards our culture, sourcing techniques, & assessment practices.
- Innate curiosity – A continuous learner who keeps up-to-date on market trends, industry news, and intelligence insights critical to inform recruiting and HR strategy.
- Influential – able to build healthy interpersonal relationships with Hiring Managers, peers, and cross functional teams alike (Local and Global).
- An experience evangelist - who delights in providing outstanding candidate, client, and employee experiences from on-boarding to off-boarding and everything in-between!
- Communicative – with openness and transparency that promote a positive working environment and trust across our team.
- Organized – with an eye towards improving efficiencies and simple, scalable processes.
- Self-Starter – with the ability to function independently, while identifying and solving business opportunities.
- Minimum 3+ years of prior HR Generalist, HRBP, and/or Recruiting experience with at least 1 year in a Games Studio environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree, ideally with a focus in business, HR, or related fields. 2-year degree and Equivalent additional work experience may be substituted.
- Knowledge of HRIS applications (SAP); strong project management and analytical skills.
- Ability to work onsite at our local office in Montreal, Canada. Travel/relocation is not provided.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.