At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Bring Your Brain…
We'll Supply the Dragons!
This is an exciting Game Producer opportunity to join the Magic: The Gathering Arena production team. Our ideal candidate is a hardworking, experienced leader with a consistent record of bringing teams to global success and who is eager to join us in our aim to elevate Wizards’ digital efforts to be best in class.
Day to day Wizarding
We are looking for a producer to work with one or more strike teams passionate about delivering high quality content for an established Live Services game. This role works with multiple subject areas inside and outside of the building to ensure we regularly ship the highest quality releases. You are incredibly organized, communicate like a rockstar, and stable under pressure. You are passionate for live service games and have worked in fast paced development environments and have a history with event-based release cycles.
- Ensure successful releases, meaningful to the game’s audience
- Balance dependencies from across multiple component teams throughout the company
- Provide transparency on issues, risks, and work streams to all shareholders
- Provide studio leadership and guidance through solid planning for current tooling needs and future pipeline improvements to optimize our release processes
- Deliberately balance the needs of the players, the studio and the business using data-informed decisions
The successful candidate has a strong mix of creative, leadership, technical, innovative and managerial experience from the live services gaming space.
- 2+ years of experience working in production where you have managed cross-functional teams in the delivery and support of online services
- Deep understanding of live operations for a game in a 24/7 ecosystem
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify, sort, and resolve complicated issues with impactful results
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Minimum 3+ years exposure to Magic: The Gathering as a player – you grok the nuances of the paper product as well as you do the digital realm
- You are an authority at the Atlassian suite, able to optimize and upgrade the group on Jira and Confluence in your sleep
- Skill at managing difficult communication situations with executives, partners, and the team at large
- Experience working on mobile/tablet game development
- College Degree or equivalent production experience
About wizards of the coast
Wizards of the Coast is a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games. Wizards’ Digital Game Studios team members have created, developed, and contributed to some of the most impactful and innovative game franchises over the last 20 years, including Asheron’s Call, Lord of the Rings Online, Crackdown – and of course, Magic: The Gathering.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we believe crafting products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
"One person in their garage" development for hobbyists was a long time ago...!