Otter is growing quickly!
As Otter’s Social Media Manager, you will create and execute our social communications strategy, focusing on organic growth and ensuring that it is integrated across all our social channels to meet our ROI-driven business goals. You will play a key role in supporting marketing and operations activities, including curating and developing engaging, relevant content, and growing and managing our influencer relationships.
What you'll do
- Develop and execute Otter’s social media strategy, including setting, monitoring, and reporting on goals and performance metrics for each channel, building a content calendar, and making recommendations for continuous improvement as you execute.
- Collaborate with our marketing, market operations, and product teams to create content that leverages customer stories and is consistent with our design system and branding.
- Identify industry trends, determine how they fit into our broader channel strategy, and develop engaging ways we can capitalize on them to stay ahead of competitors.
- Lead community-building efforts by moderating and engaging with comments and influencers across our channels, identifying other relevant opportunities for Otter to engage, and authentically growing our brand ambassador program.
What you're great at
- Learning about and empathizing with our audience and looking for new, relatable ways to engage them with aesthetically pleasing and consistent content.
- Managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and competing priorities to create an actionable plan and get the most impactful work done.
- Rolling up your sleeves and jumping on opportunities when you see them.
- Testing, learning, and testing again, then extracting meaningful insights from data and communicating performance recommendations to the broader team about the full spectrum of channels available to Otter.
Who you are
- You believe care work is real work.
- You have superior communication skills, including the ability to prioritize and efficiently and transparently communicate results at a team, executive, and company level.
- You’re willing to talk about your work in writing so you can contribute to a company culture where we learn from one another, so we can learn faster together.
- You have attention to detail and thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- People who know you would call you a team player with a desire to jump in and be “hands on” as needed.
- You embrace Otter's values and operating principles.
Please apply even if you don't meet 100% of the criteria above. Nobody checks every box every time and we'd love to talk to you about how and why you can see yourself growing into this role. We're also very open to candidates with non-traditional experience, especially those who have taken time out of the traditional workforce to care for their children or other loved ones.