Otter is on a mission to create a world of care and opportunity by connecting parents who need childcare with stay-at-home parents who can care for their kids. Our goal is for every child to have access to safe, high-quality childcare and for every stay-at-home parent to be economically empowered in a way never before possible. Over the next ten years, Otter will facilitate millions of hours of childcare and unlock billions of new economic opportunities for stay-at-home parents.
Otter is growing quickly!
Otter’s growth has surpassed our most optimistic expectations: Otter is live in two cities, growing quickly, and we have more demand than we can keep up with. We’re building a category-defining, technology driven solution that works for today’s families in the $75B childcare category. Otter has attracted more than $27M from leading venture investors and angels, including Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Abstract Ventures, Thrive Capital, and a diverse set of world-class operators including Kevin & Julia Hartz, Michael Ovitz, Dylan Field, Scott Belsky, Maran Nelson, Hunter Horsley, Backend Capital, Varsha Rao, Jana Messerschmidt, Claire Hughes Johnson, Jessica Verrilli, Sarah Nahm, Stephen Chau, Marc Hedlund, and Shreya and Anand Iyer.
We're looking for a data-focused, results oriented, mission-driven recruiter to help build a diverse and world-class technical team. This role requires someone who is excited to do the detail-oriented work necessary to create a top-notch recruiting function and can identify and implement ways to improve our recruiting process in order to create a world-class candidate experience.
What you'll do
- Develop, scale, and improve our recruiting strategy, processes, and tools to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Use analytics and industry intelligence to help your team make data-guided decisions and provide insights to the business on a regular cadence.
- Manage full-cycle recruiting across our engineering, product, and data science teams.
- Help drive and maintain an exceptional candidate experience.
How you approach your work
- You bring 3+ years of recruiting experience, ideally with some experience building early teams.
- You're a people person through and through - you can partner with anyone to get the job done through your excellent communication skills and ability to build successful cross-functional partnerships with different teams and stakeholders.
- You have a deep understanding of recruiting metrics and how to apply data in process improvements/optimization throughout the recruiting process and beyond.
- You're able to identify gaps in processes and areas for improvement in an ambiguous, ever-changing, hyper-growth startup environment - no problem is too complicated or too simple for you!
- Organization and clarity are your preferred ways of working, and you love teaching others to bring order to chaos.
Who you are
- You believe care work is real work.
- You have superior communication skills, including the ability to prioritize and efficiently and transparently communicate results at a team, executive, and company level.
- You’re willing to talk about your work in writing so you can contribute to a company culture where we learn from one another, so we can learn faster together.
- You have attention to detail and thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- People who know you would call you a team player with a desire to jump in and be “hands on” as needed.
- You embrace Otter's values and operating principles.
Please apply even if you don't meet 100% of the criteria above. Nobody checks every box every time and we'd love to talk to you about how and why you can see yourself growing into this role. We're also very open to candidates with non-traditional experience, especially those who have taken time out of the traditional workforce to care for their children or other loved ones.
Otter embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.