Supernatural is helping countless people fall in love with working out for the first time in their lives.
Supernatural harnesses the immersive power of virtual reality to let you travel the world as you smash and box targets to the beat of over 1,000 top hits, coached by a professional trainer. With an ever-growing library of workouts across Supernatural Flow (our original full body cardio modality), Supernatural Boxing, Coach-led Stretch sessions and Guided Meditation, Supernatural invites you to discover your inner athlete and have fun working out. Available on the Oculus Quest.
Check out the Official Supernatural Community on Facebook to meet our diverse community of athletes and coaches as they celebrate their fitness journeys together. Supernatural is loved by The New York Times, Washington Post, GOOP, People, Today, Men’s Fitness, Women’s Health and hundreds more, check out our press page for more.
Join our team and become part of a community dedicated to helping people find joy in health and wellness today.
Supernatural is seeking a Senior Gameplay Engineer to lead development and support of the moment-to-moment interactive experience of the Supernatural VR app on Oculus Quest and other VR platforms. You will help develop new workout modalities as well as improve upon existing gameplays systems. You’ll partner with designers to prototype new game concepts and create tools to facilitate experimentation. You’ll partner with team leads to plan and prioritize feature development, using your expertise in game engineering and knowledge of first-party systems and hardware. You’ll refine our architecture and best practices to ensure that we perform at or above spec on all target devices.
This is an ideal role for an experienced AAA game developer who is looking to branch into a new form of visual entertainment and immersion. Supernatural is not just groundbreaking, it is changing people’s lives for the better.
This is also a key role in our organization. You’ll mentor and coach other engineers in game engineering best-practices. You will apply your passion and love for innovation combined with your excellent communication and interpersonal skills to inspire the growth and development of our engineering discipline.
- Lead development and support of our gameplay systems
- Drive game engineering standards and best-practices
- Prototype new gameplay concepts and mechanics
- Develop design-facing tools for gameplay prototyping
- Provide technical support for our live applications and global operations
- Improve our release practices to enable rapid iteration and release of new features to the public
- Collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team including product managers, program managers, designers, QA, marketing and other roles
- Help plan and prioritize feature development and improvements
- Help ensure objectives are well-understood by other team members
- Conduct technical design reviews and code reviews
- Build strong relationships across the Engineering discipline
- Develop positive working relationships with peers and customers
- Foster a growth mindset, regularly seek out opportunities for improvement
- Lead with empathy and understanding, create a safe space to share ideas
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Experience developing in Unity, Unreal or an equally robust game engine
- Experience developing and refining player mechanics in a 3D, interactive applications
- Experience working on client platforms (game consoles, mobile devices, etc)
- Experience working on a live application at scale, including high frequency shipping cycles
- Experience working with prototyping teams in an advisory mode
- Experience developing design-facing tooling for gameplay prototyping
- Experience working in multiplayer application framework
- Experience building out analyzing, testing and validation of interactive applications
- Experience developing VR applications
- Deep expertise in Unity and C#
- Expertise in mobile hardware and how to optimize for performance
- Start-up / entrepreneurial experience
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Supernatural is committed to bringing together individuals from all different backgrounds and perspectives, however, applicants from agencies as well as corporation to corporation work will not be considered at this time.