We are Supernatural! Recognized by TIME as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Fast Company’s Best App, and covered in the New York Times! Supernatural is a next-generation fitness experience in VR (virtual reality) with real coaches, stunning natural environments, music from major record labels, and new workouts released every day. Available now on Oculus Quest and Quest 2.
Developed by a team of passionate world-class experience designers, choreographers, game developers, trainers, and physical fitness experts, Supernatural is a dynamic, immersive experience that is always adapting to your needs, personalized for you - available on-demand in your home.
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for an Associate Front-End Software Engineer who seeks out challenges and is comfortable with the unknown. You thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, creative environment. You’re an expert communicator who collaborates well with others, takes initiative to solve tough problems, and is passionate about revolutionizing storytelling through virtual reality.
The impact you’ll make:
- Collaborate with the Web, Design, Marketing and Product Teams in requirements specification, feasibility analysis, detailed engineering analysis, development estimates and release planning.
- Good sense of visual design standards
- Creation and delivery of automated unit/integration tests for the code that is written.
- Follow browser vendors' WebVR spec and other APIs to ensure things work as intended for the Supernatural Platform.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical experience.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs
- Understanding of browser memory and garbage collection.
- Able to work closely with visual and UX designers to meet exacting requirements.
- Ability to interact and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team.
- Experience with a modern web application framework (Ruby on Rails, Python/Flask/Django).
- Be able to work in Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Bonus Points for:
- Ability to take ownership of a project from start to finish.
- Experience with Flexbox
- Passion for VR and knowledge of the VR ecosystem including WebVR.
- Experience working with a start-up.
Where you’ll be:
- Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19. Post COVID, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so. Working hours: We operate within the Pacific time zone for collaboration
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Supernatural is committed to bringing together individuals from all different backgrounds and perspectives, however applicants from agencies as well as corporation to corporation work will not be considered at this time.