Why be with company?
We all know what a great neighborhood feels like. The sad reality is that every day, our neighborhoods are losing their character, authenticity, and sense of community. From Main Streets to Manhattan, our beloved local businesses are being pushed out at unprecedented rates, replaced with corporate brands or empty storefronts. America is losing its small business backbone—its diversity, energy, and competitive edge.
withco empowers small businesses to become property owners so that they obtain the control, wealth, and permanence only afforded through ownership. We've raised $30M+ from the world's best investors, including Founders Fund, Canaan Partners, Initialized Capital, NFX, and celebrities like Venus Williams and Kevin Durant. Join our mission to make it exciting to be a small business owner in America again!
How you'll help us succeed:
As a member of a small and highly collaborative engineering team, you’ll problem-solve technical solutions across the business. From building engaging products for our customers to developing efficient tools for our internal team, you’ll be involved with architecting, coding, and deploying products to production.
Reporting to our Head of Engineering, you'll be mission-critical to withco, building the systems that help us scale our core product, and making the prospect of ownership a reality for small business owners in America. As we grow, you'll build the tooling that helps our small business partners compete with the likes of Whole Foods and Starbucks, and become even more connected with the neighborhood they serve.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate and pair with other engineers and product managers to identify and problems solve challenges across the business
- Build high-quality products and tools in an agile fashion that support both our small business partners and our internal team
- Take ownership of high impact initiatives that improve our data quality, provide reliable access to that data, and help us make better decisions
- Shape our technical strategy, advocate for best practices, and spike out new technologies
What makes you a great fit:
- You have at least 4-8 years of experience building high-quality web applications across the entire front end-to-back end stack
- You enjoy working in cross-functional teams, collaborating closely with product, design, and other areas of the business
- You value automated testing and implementing good testing practices (unit tests, test-driven development)
- You are comfortable with agile processes (e.g. XP, Scrum, Kanban) and engineering practices (e.g. CI/CD, test-driven development, pair programming)
- You approach problems in a thoughtful way — you value simplicity, justify technical decisions and articulate tradeoffs
Start Small, Dream Big: We invent, build, and execute to meaningfully improve the lives of our small business partners. We constantly improve and drive towards hitting ambitious goals. We operate from a place of humility and upcycle mistakes into feedback and learnings.
Really Own It: We are relentlessly resourceful, "do what we say we'll do", and care about the details. When we see a problem, we roll up our sleeves because it's our responsibility to take care of it. We focus on outcomes, look for opportunity, and celebrate a growth-mindset.
Act Fast, Learn Fast: We utilize first principles and diverse perspectives to prioritize the right problems and solutions. We have a bias for action to rapidly and rigorously test hypotheses, show evidence of progress with data, and then double down on what works.
Hustle to Honesty: We seek to quickly and courageously get to the truth, especially if it's scary or inconvenient. We assume positive intent and are open, honest, and direct about problems.
Are you with company?
- Competitive equity in an early-stage, high-growth company
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- Unlimited PTO and Work From Anywhere August
- Paid parental leave
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Commuter and FSA/HSA benefits
- A flexible work-life policy and company lunch once a week (we’re hybrid and in the office Tuesday to Thursday!)
- A curriculum of retreats, workshops, and dinners to learn from small business entrepreneurs across America who have perfected their crafts over generations