We are building software to make video for business friendlier, more powerful, and accessible to everyone. The Product Designer finds opportunities to turn customer problems into well-designed product solutions, and then guides them into reality.
The leading edge of product design is research. Tasked with a UX problem or product opportunity, the product designer uses research to
- build context
- clarify a hypothesis
- test and refine options
This research includes quantitative methods like:
- usage metrics
- survey results
- a/b testing
- as well as qualitative methods like
- user interviews
- internal feedback
- prototype-based beta testing
- vigorous debate
This research informs the creative development of a design through stages of progressive detail:
- diagram (hand drawing)
- wireframe (hand drawing and vector)
- illustration of layout, elements, copy, edge cases and interaction states (vector)
- interactive prototype (linked images)
- component design (coded style guide)
- construction (collaborating with engineering)
This position reports to the lead product designer, who assigns projects prioritized by product management and directed by company leadership.
By combining a rigorous approach to research with the skill to quickly brainstorm and prototype design approaches, the product designer takes projects from concept to construction.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
The type of business we’re building:
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary and stock options package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park.
If this sounds exciting to you, we hope you'll get in touch, so we can continue to build a great company and product together!