Wistia is not your average B2B SaaS company.
We are a leading video platform for businesses that want to better create, customize, host, share, and analyze the videos that power more human connections with their prospects, customers, and employees. We serve companies small and large, and teams ranging from marketing and sales to support and HR.
We are growing fast, even though we’ve been around since 2006. We unabashedly enjoy the fun culture and nimbleness typical of a tech startup, but we’re profitable and have chosen to raise only seed money, so we have the luxury of being able to focus our investments on whatever we think will best serve the long-term value of the company.
As the Director of Public Relations, Content Marketing, and Social Media, you will report to the VP of Marketing, and will be responsible for developing the PR, content marketing, and social media strategies and bringing those strategies to life. You will cultivate proactive programs that increase brand awareness and affinity and develop opportunities for thought leadership for Wistia to enhance its reputation in the industry. This will include media and influencer outreach, engagement with current and prospective customers via social channels, and driving content creation for our blog and library. You will have a key role in helping shape the brand and building out your team (you’ll have one person to manage initially), while driving the company’s overall communications objectives. You will work closely with many parts of the organization, including the rest of marketing, creative, customer happiness, sales, and people operations.
Your typical day includes:
- Grow brand awareness, preference, engagement, and ultimately increase revenue from both new and existing customers
- Develop strategy for and own day-to-day management of all aspects of public relations, social media, and content development for our blog and library
- Identify and prioritize appropriate social media channels for engagement of current/prospective customers and influencers
- Develop KPIs and dashboards for daily/weekly/monthly program monitoring, tracking and reporting; identify and make a business case for new tools/systems as needed
- Assist with evaluation of company’s needs from a PR, content and social standpoint; develop and manage a small team of both internal and external resources
- Manage issues or crises in the public domain to protect and enhance Wistia’s reputation
- Lead the generation of corporate, educational, product, and trends news coverage that displays the thought leadership of the brand
- Write and manage content for social media and media outreach
- Build and maintain relationships with key media contacts
- Assist with internal communications as needed
This job might be for you if you:
- Have 10+ years of experience in PR, content marketing, and social media, with a track record of successful growth and engagement
- Boast superb communication skills and are known to be eloquent, effective, and persuasive
- Naturally and successfully collaborate and build consensus across many personality styles
- Easily strike a balance between thinking strategically and executing tactically
- Mastered the art of multitasking and time management
- Are driven by an internal motivation to contribute and make a positive difference
- Thrive in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Yearn to flex both sides of your brain every day, by writing quirky content and measuring its awesomeness
- Take pride in mentoring and managing up-and-comers
- Love to deliver results and make an impact on an organization; strongly dislike bureaucracy and politics
Upon coming on board, you can expect to:
First three months:
- Gain an understanding of Wistia’s business, goals, and strategic objectives
- Learn how to navigate an evolving organization to collaborate and get things done
- Get intimate with Wistia’s performance data; understand and use the various data toolsets available; make recommendations about additional tools to help manage programs effectively; identify KPIs and create/revamp reporting and dashboards for PR, content, and social media
- Analyze competitive/landscape trends
- Work closely with our customer happiness team to create process for handling social media comments relating to customer support issues
- Identify key channels for social engagement and prioritize content development to grow them
- Develop a strategic plan for engagement and growth, particularly around helping grow traffic and market share via new customer acquisition
Three to twelve months:
- Prioritize and implement the strategic plan
- Identify organizational needs and continue to build out team/resources as needed (internal and external)
- Help foster better understanding of the power of PR, content marketing, and social media across the organization through building strong relationships, teamwork, collaboration, communication, transparency, and analysis
Your success will be measured by:
- Achievement of goals related to brand awareness, engagement, and revenue growth (PR/Content/Social and overall company), new customer growth, profitability
- Contributions to the broader team and enhancing marketing’s stellar reputation across the organization
The type of business we’re building:
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building and the values we believe in on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary and stock options package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Untracked vacation and sick leave (most employees take about four weeks of vacation)
- Transportation subsidies
- Financial support for continuing education, professional development and sponsorship for conferences
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park.
- Plenty of office snacks and beverages, and a weekly catered team lunch
- Annual winter ski trip (with plenty of non-skiing activities)
- Annual summer pond festival (lounging, water skiing, volleyball, etc.)
If this sounds exciting to you, we hope you'll get in touch, so we can continue to build a great company and product together!