Wistia is not your average B2B SaaS company.
We are a leading video platform for businesses that want to better create, customize, host, share and analyze the videos that power more human connections with their prospects, customers and employees. We serve companies small and large, and teams ranging from marketing and sales to support and HR.
We are growing fast even though we’ve been around since 2006. We unabashedly enjoy the fun culture and nimbleness typical of a tech startup, but we’re profitable and have chosen to raise only seed money, so we have the luxury of being able to control our investments into whatever we think will best serve the long-term value of the company.
As the Director of Demand Generation, you will report to the VP of Marketing, and will be responsible for developing the demand generation engine using paid media across online and offline channels and bringing those strategies to life. You will have an appreciation for the power of both awareness and direct response techniques and be able to leverage both in self-reinforcing ways in the media strategy. Your approach will be rooted in testing, measuring, optimizing and scaling what is working. Scaling our already impressive business is a major priority this year and you will have a critical role in making this happen. You will work closely with many parts of the organization, including the rest of marketing, creative and sales.
Your typical day includes:
- Spending money to make more money
- Developing the strategy and managing the day to day execution of where to invest to reach our target audience with meaningful programs that drive awareness and ultimately free and paid usage of Wistia products
- Assessing the need for external tools and resources and driving the process to onboard those as needed
- Coordinating with internal and external partners to ensure delivery of programs that exceed goals
- Working closely with marketing operations and sales teams to ensure lead volume and quality is where it needs to be
- Defining KPIs and developing dashboards for daily/weekly/monthly program monitoring, tracking and reporting
- Partnering with the Business Intelligence team to make sure proper data and tracking infrastructure is in place to enable successful follow through on measurement strategy
This job might be for you if you:
- Have 10+ years of experience in demand generation/customer acquisition with a track record of successfully scaling customer and revenue growth
- Feel comfortable with both B2B and B2C approaches to marketing and media
- Know the ins and outs of digital media like the back of your hand, but are also well-practiced across offline channels
- Feel like the phrase “data-driven marketer” is redundant hardwired to create responsive feedback loops where you test, measure and optimize programs based on constant performance review of the appropriate KPIs
- Easily strike a balance between thinking strategically and executing tactically
- Mastered the art of multitasking and time management
- Are driven by an internal motivation to contribute and make a positive difference
- Thrive in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Love to deliver results and make an impact on an organization; strongly dislike bureaucracy and politics
Upon coming on board, you can expect to:
First three months:
- Gain an understanding of Wistia’s business, goals, and strategic objectives
- Learn how to navigate an evolving organization to collaborate and get things done
- Get intimate with Wistia’s performance data; understand and use the various data toolsets available
- Drive the adoption of any additional processes, tools or resources (internal and external) needed to help launch/manage programs effectively
- Identify KPIs and create/revamp reporting and dashboards for all paid media efforts
- Develop and begin rollout of the strategic plan to use paid media to scale the demand generation engine
Three to twelve months:
- Optimize and scale the demand generation toolset
- Ensure feedback loops are in place and there is strong alignment with sales team on quality of leads, best lead sources
- Help foster better understanding of the power of paid media and the short and long term effects of the various investments across the organization through building strong relationships, teamwork, collaboration, communication, transparency and analysis
Your success will be measured by:
- Achievement of goals related to new customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Contributions to the broader team and enhancing marketing’s stellar reputation across the organization
The type of business we’re building:
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome - learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog: https://wistia.com/blog/build-the-company. Read more about our unique culture and the benefits of working at Wistia on our Jobs page: http://wistia.com/jobs. We also care about deeply about upholding and staying true to our company values - read more about them on our blog: http://wistia.com/blog/company-values.
We want you to grow, contribute and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary and stock options package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Untracked vacation and sick leave (most employees take about four weeks of vacation)
- Transportation subsidies
- Financial support for continuing education, professional development and sponsorship for conferences
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park.
- Plenty of office snacks and beverages, and a weekly catered team lunch
- Annual winter ski trip (with plenty of non-skiing activities)
- Annual summer pond festival (lounging, water skiing, volleyball, etc.)
If this sounds exciting to you, we hope you'll get in touch so we can continue to build a great company and product together!