Wistia is a video marketing software company working to make business more human with video. We aim to be on the cutting-edge of marketing—both in our own marketing efforts and by building products and creating content that help our customers stay ahead of the curve..
As we scale the team at Wistia, we are looking for a Payroll and Benefits specialist to own data reporting, process improvement, and compliance. This role reports to the Controller and will work closely with our People and Finance teams. We’re a diverse and inclusive group of creative and collaborative individuals who take pride in always aiming to deliver the highest-impact work that prioritizes the long-term success of the business and the customer.
- Process semi-monthly and bi-weekly payrolls for approximately 150 employees (and growing!)
- Ensure payroll and taxes are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manage employees in payroll system, including new hires and terminations. Update employee profiles for salary and benefit changes.
- Process tax and unemployment registrations for new states as well as ensure we are maintaining compliance with regulations in these states, such as FMLA.
- Manage employees in benefits system, including approving benefits elections and funding FSA/commuter accounts with each pay period
- Ensure 401k compliance, including liaising with external auditors
- Respond to employee inquiries about payroll, benefits, and the 401k
- Work and coordinate with People team in onboarding and offboarding employees.
- Ad hoc reporting for Finance and People teams
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of relevant experience processing or managing a payroll function
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts (debit v. credit, journal entries)
- Desire for continuous improvement, both in process and in self development
- Has integrity, understands how to handle confidential information and sensitive issues
We try to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We care a lot, so our benefits are actually benefits, not just the fun stuff like swag and snacks in the office (though we also have lots of those too!).
We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A great compensation package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you contribute
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
We have a beautiful office in Cambridge, MA, but we’re all working remotely (all 100+ of us) right now. Permanently remote applicants will be considered, but we’ll give priority to local applicants, those willing to relocate, and those within 3 hours of EST.