At Wistia, we find ourselves in an increasingly dynamic market with more opportunities than bandwidth to evaluate and execute. As a result, we are growing our strategy function, looking to hire our first dedicated strategy role to join our VP of Business Insights and Strategy. We are looking for a creative problem solver who is energized by the challenges of a fast-paced market and who excels at structuring and delivering recommendations to complex business questions.
- Own the strategic inputs to our rolling planning process, delivering insights to the senior cross-functional teams on changes in market conditions, competitive landscape, and new opportunities --- all within a very dynamic market that is changing month to month.
- Identify and evaluate a wide range of promising strategic opportunities for the business ranging including: new service models, potential acquisitions, strategic partners, new product investments and more.
- Generate testable hypothesis on key business questions and then design and execute (often in partnership with cross-functional team members) testing/learning methodologies
- Present insights and make recommendation on strategic opportunities to senior leadership team on routine basis
- Lead the refinement and update of our company strategy, taking into account changes in the market and our performance
- 3-5 years of experience in strategic consulting or equivalent project-based work
- Strong analytical skills, including financial modeling
- Comfortable with ambiguity and adaptable to changing business needs and priorities
- Ability to build simple and powerful communications for leaders
- Ability to quickly break down problems in a structured manner
- Stakeholder management experience and skills
- Preferred: experience in and passion for SaaS and marketing technology
We try to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We care a lot, so our benefits are actually benefits, not just the fun stuff like swag and snacks in the office (though we also have lots of those too!).
We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A great compensation package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you contribute
- Profit Sharing!
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
We have a beautiful office in Cambridge, MA, but we’re all working remotely (all 100+ of us) right now. Permanently remote applicants will be considered, but we’ll give priority to local applicants, those willing to relocate, and those within 3 hours of EST.