Wistia is a video marketing software company working to make business more human with video. We seek to be on the cutting-edge of marketing—both in our own marketing efforts and by building products and producing content that help our customers stay ahead of the curve. Come join the team!
As the Controller at Wistia, you will report to the VP of Finance. You will be responsible for leading all aspects of the day-to-day operations within the accounting function and leading a team of people. The Controller will play a meaningful role in preparing and running the financial reporting for Wistia. You will work closely with our finance team and cross functionally, in order to support and optimize accounting operations.
- Financial statement reporting for internal and external audiences, ensuring compliance with US GAAP
- Lead accounting operations including revenue recognition, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll
- Own and coordinate the month end close process
- Own and manage accounting systems/tools and ensuring efficiency of those tools
- Oversee and coordinate annual audit and tax engagements and ensure they are completed timely
- Track and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Lead and mentor accounting team
- Working cross functionally to ensure other teams have the finance support they require
- Ad-hoc financial reporting
- Have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting
- Are a certified CPA (not required, but preferred)
- Have 7+ years working in SaaS industry/public accounting
- Have 2+ years of experience successfully running the monthly close and annual audit of a SaaS software company
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards and GAAP
- Pride yourself on being an excellent communicator with strong organization skills
- Have experience leading and developing employees
- Highly analytical and conscientious with a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to work in a fast-growing and fast paced environment
- Have experience with Intacct, Stripe, Expensify and/or Bill.com
We try to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We care a lot, so our benefits are actually benefits, not just the fun stuff like swag and snacks in the office (though we also have lots of those too!).
We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A great compensation package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you contribute
- Profit Sharing!
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
We have a beautiful office in Cambridge, MA, but we’re all working remotely (all 100+ of us) right now. Permanently remote applicants will be considered, but we’ll give priority to local applicants, those willing to relocate, and those within 3 hours of EST.