At Wistia our goal is to make business more human. That’s a big task, but we're super excited to help the world get there faster through simple and delightful video-focused products.
As a Senior Product Manager, you help ensure that we:
- Build it simple — Simplicity is the highest form of beauty. We value simplicity in everything we do, from our interfaces to the backend systems and services that support them.
- Think long-term — Our mission is to make business more human. This is not a mission that can be accomplished in a few years — it’s something we will work on for many decades to come, which is why we care so much about long-term thinking and decision-making, especially when it comes to our products.
- Shape the product and the market- Wistia’s strategy requires teams being very close to our customers to deeply understand their needs and then help anticipate what they want before they know to ask. The PMs that thrive at Wistia think about how to deliver value right now and shape the market to bring more customers.
- Communicate the why — The best products are built by teams with the most context. We have a culture in which understanding all parts of the business is highly valued: our product design decisions, our infrastructure, our finances, everything. And most of all, we really love knowing the reasoning behind decisions across the business.
As a Senior Product Manager at Wistia, your success will be measured by:
- Generating simple, elegant solutions — You quickly gather and understand customer and product problems and generate simple solutions as well as encourage the teams you work with to always find a simpler way.
- Creating focus for the team — You prioritize constantly so that teammates know they're doing the most important work. We believe well-aligned groups ship higher-quality work in less time.
- Communicating technical challenges across the organization — You understand technical challenges, make educated trade-offs with the development team, and translate those choices for those less technical internally.
- Learning from feedback — You are approachable and gather (both internal and external) qualitative and quantitative feedback to hone a better development process.
- Developing meaningful relationships — You work well with the to understand needs and explain your product choices. You gain the trust of your everyone around you by speaking the same language.
- Moving fast and feeling positive — We’ve got a lot of learning to do, so our teams need to be nimble and have a great time doing it. We don’t play the blame game.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
We are fully remote for now, but we can't wait to eventually return to our cozy office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park