Today, more than a half-million businesses across 50 countries depend on Wistia's products to power their brand marketing, including HubSpot, MailChimp, Sephora, Starbucks, and Tiffany & Co. Our software products help these brands host their video content, podcasts, and share them with their customers. It's likely that even if you've never signed up to use Wistia as a user, you've interacted with our Wistia media player all over the web.
Wistia is grateful to grow and we have multiple openings for Senior Product Designers. Each opening will offer important work on our core features and products, and many ways for you to grow as a designer. You’ll shape our short and longterm roadmaps, work with other designers, researchers, product folks, and engineers, to ship beautiful, useful and usable software. You'll report to our Senior Product Design Manager, and be embedded within your product team.
We are looking for balanced designers who are comfortable with the full stack of design skills and processes. You take designs all the way from just an idea to implementation, testing, and beyond. You inspire your teams with your open-ended ideation, creative exploration, and discovery research, and you move easily between making low fidelity wireframes, medium fidelity prototypes, and high fidelity, pixel-perfect assets.
For this role you have:
- About 6 years of real-world experience designing software
- Meaning, you have a broad toolkit and practical know-how to adapt your design processes to different challenges
- Can form instincts and apply your taste to designs, but prefer to back up your decisions with concrete user-insights and evidence
- Expertise with modern design tools (similar but not exclusive to: Sketch, Abstract, Figma, or Adobe XD) and design systems
- Excellent visual fundamentals of color, typography, and holistic design
- Familiarity with technical constraints and best practices for modern responsive web/mobile applications
- More than empathy - you have user-centered approaches to design, invested in user behavior and outcomes
To be the most successful here you will:
- Take time to step back dream about big possibilities, not just features
- Stay inspired with a “beginner’s mind”: open and excited to discover new ideas
- Care about design beyond software to include your fellow designers and design’s impact on the world
- Be inclusive: you don’t design for your users, but with them
We try to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We care a lot, so our benefits are actually benefits, not just the fun stuff like swag and snacks in the office (though we also have lots of those too!).
We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A great compensation package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you contribute
- Profit Sharing!
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
We have a beautiful office in Cambridge, MA, but we’re all working remotely (all 100+ of us) right now. Permanently remote applicants will be considered, but we’ll give priority to local applicants, those willing to relocate, and those within 3 hours of EST.