At Wistia, we work hard to bring together people from a wide variety of backgrounds and identities, all with the goal of building more inclusive, more useful, and more impactful products and experiences. If you’re invested in being part of a team where new ideas and different perspectives are celebrated, you’ve come to the right place.
We’re looking for a motivated product management apprentice whose interests lie at the intersection of strategy, customer experience, analytics, and technology—someone who is a natural leader and problem-solver; intensely curious about what goes into building great products; and actively seeking an immersive experience to level up their product management skills.
This apprenticeship is for 4 months, with the option to continue depending on team needs and, of course, role performance. We are very open to candidates who wish to work remotely*, but will prioritize applications from candidates located near Greater Boston. Given the nature of the Soapbox team, you should be comfortable and excited about participating in a remote-friendly team culture.
Note: Should we decide to move forward with a remote hire, there will be no expectations of relocation.
About the Role
The product management apprentice will play a critical role in the development of the Soapbox product.
You’ll work closely within this exciting new team to support product operations, including but not limited to planning, research, customer interviews, design sprints, and backlog grooming. You’ll gain hands-on experience as a product analyst in the product development process, including concepts like customer discovery, lean UX, jobs to be done, and other useful frameworks. You’ll get to see first-hand how quickly cross-functional teams can go from insight to implication for digital products. And, once you’re ready, you’ll be given opportunities (and the support) to own small research projects, bug fixes, and yes, even features.
There is a path for growth here - we want you to develop the skills and experience needed to transition into an analyst-level product manager on our team. We view this apprenticeship as a commitment to your professional development in return for what we anticipate will be significant contributions to our work. Thus, our ideal candidate is someone with a demonstrated interest and some experience in UX research, product, design, or other tech-adjacent roles.
What You’ll Do…
- Participate in the ideation, implementation, and launch of new features and improvements
- Create proper documentation for all new features and product updates
- Communicate new features and updates, both internally and to customers and dispensaries
- Work closely with the team to define, track and report key metrics and performance indicators that measure overall product health
- Analyze business requirements and create detailed functional user stories with acceptance criteria for engineers that bring solutions to life
- You will be involved in all phases of the product life-cycle and be responsible for effectively designing and communicating complex functionality in a clear and effective manner
- Shepherd features through design, coordinating tweaks and adjustments
What You Bring…
- 2+ cumulative years of work experience (inclusive of freelance and/or internships)
- A strong work ethic -- you're organized, dependable, and service-oriented
- Clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of G-Suite (especially Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides)
- Demonstrated technical aptitude; some experience working with data/analytics preferred by not required
- Direct experience in UI design, UX research, product, or marketing is a plus, but not required
- Project management experience is a plus, but not required