At Wistia, we are a building a go to market team to help us grow in this new world. We are passionate about bringing our prospects and customers a delightful and high value experience. In 2020 and beyond, we believe more than ever that we have an opportunity to “make business more human”, even as we continue to shift to more digital and highly efficient business practices. The leader of our sales operations team will be at the forefront of delivering on this mission guided by our values (https://wistia.com/about/values).
The Sr. Manager/Director of Sales Operations will work along side our Sales and Marketing leadership to surface strategic opportunities to grow our business. This person will allow us to better understand the opportunities we have to improve our sales process, clearly identify insights to help guide future strategy decision making and ensure that we are getting the most out of the team that we have. They will be responsible for the visibility, efficiency and effectiveness of our sales efforts and ensuring that our sales team is on track to achieving our growth goals.
Sales Process Efficiency and Optimization
- Forecast visibility and accuracy, while providing analysis and uncovering opportunities or risks in our projected sales growth.
- Lead and Pipeline Velocity Reporting and Monitoring
- Commission verification and coordination with Finance
- Onboarding and Training
- Responsible for onboarding programs leading to improved ramp time to quota for new reps.
- Lead team wide training programs to support skill development, GTM campaigns and sales operations initiatives.
- Planning and execution of marketing → sales hand off of leads, lead volume forecasting
- Reporting/Visibility on lead outreach metrics / shared KPIs (For example, but not limited to: Lead Accepted Rates, Fully Worked Rates, Conversions Rates etc)
- Capturing, distilling and surfacing feedback, learnings and opportunities for the GTM team
- SFDC Adoption, Reporting, Support and Administration
- Sales Team Tech Stack Management
- Requirements, vendor selection, implementation, adoption and administration of new tools
- Contracts Management, Procurement/Legal Support, DPA, Custom Pricing
- Liaise with infrastructure, finance, legal and BI to drive complex deals to close
- People Management
- Manage direct reports
- Set clear achievable goals that contribute to the success of the company as well as support the professional development of your team
- Provide on-going coaching and mentorship
- Track record of successfully leading sales operations to measurable revenue outcomes.
- Experience with SaaS and subscription business models.
- Experience with basic financial modeling and analytical insights as well as the ability to present key findings and important decision points to cross functional peers as well as Sr. Leadership.
- Experience overseeing a broad range of sales and marketing technology, including Salesforce, Sales Engagement Tools, Data Enrichment Tools and Conversation Intelligence
- Strong communication skills, including documentation, async collaboration and in person presentation skills.
- Strong coaching/mentorship skills and a commitment to professional growth of both ICs and Managers on their team.
- Lead → deal conversion rate improvement
- Pipeline velocity improvement
- Win rate improvement
- Ramp time to quota improvement
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- While we're all fully remote for now, we're excited to eventually get back to our brand new office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park