We’re looking for a data engineer who’s excited by both the business problems we are solving, and the technical challenges we need to overcome. You’ll work side-by-side and very collaboratively with our VP of Business Intelligence and Senior Data Scientist to design our data architecture, explore new technology, conduct detailed analyses of key business problems, and automate critical workflows.
- Design, create, and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture across multiple sources and destinations
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automate manual processes, optimize data delivery, re-design infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Work with data and analytics experts (internally and externally) to achieve greater functionality in our data systems
- Analyze messy datasets and share timely insights
- Communicate with various stakeholders across the whole business
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to bring product data into the BI pipeline
- 3+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or a related field
- High degree of comfort with data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Creative, self-motivated, and comfortable with both independent and collaborative work
- Excited to write code in Ruby, Python, and SQL. Open to reading code in unfamiliar languages as needed
- Familiar with data technologies and solutions (S3, Redshift, dbt, Spark, EMR, etc.) and excited when projects call for you to learn new ones
- Eager to solve problems at the intersection of business, analytics, and engineering
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Profit Sharing!
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park