Wistia is a small company doing big things for small and medium-sized businesses. We’re building products and creating content that help our customers say what they do, and do what they say in cutting-edge ways. We’re building new products and entering new markets, all of which requires the expertise of a creative, passionate, and collaborative product marketer who can own product launches end-to-end. You’ll be a strong voice in the development of go-to-market strategy, develop messaging and positioning, work with marketing, design, and our video team to develop go-to-market materials, and make sure all of our internal teams and stakeholders are working as one.
- Own all aspects of bringing our new cutting-edge products to market from developing the critical messages and go-to-market strategy, to working with marketing and creative to develop assets, to working with product to get early user feedback, you’re involved in it all.
- This is one of the most collaborative roles, and you’ll be working with everyone - product, design, marketing, customer happiness - clear and proactive communication and collaboration across these groups is key.
- Measuring, analyzing, and communicating the effectiveness of our go-to-market process, strategy, and materials to make continuous improvements. We can always do better. Your analysis and insight will help drive improvements to our processes, messages, and materials.
- Create effective product feedback loop. You’re an active participant and strong voice in the product assessment and development process. Collaborate with product and business intelligence to set product adoption goals, measure, and communicate traction of product/feature adoption.
- Work cross-functionally with product and design to understand and test updates to improve adoption and ensure that our products deliver on the value that our customers expect.
- Be the subject matter expert on the market and customer needs for our products by conducting market research. Proactively share your findings with product, design, and marketing by actively participating in product discovery, design review, and developing clear positioning and messaging documents for marketing.
- 5+ years marketing/product marketing experience, including a history of successfully launching new products and features, launching into new markets, or re-positioning an existing product for an evolving market.
- Proactive communications - you will be managing the coming together of projects across many teams and need to be comfortable communicating proactively across the organization.
- Problem-solving capabilities - Critical-thinking skills to think through go-to-market strategy and the ability to manage bumps in the road on the way to a product launch.
- Ability to anticipate problems and preempt them. When you can’t, the ability to keep your cool.
- Ability to influence others and bring teams together to focus on and deliver on a common goal
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances; we’ve got big ideas and are trying to move quickly, so things change, and it’s important to be able to adapt accordingly.
- Comfortable developing and expressing a strong point-of-view.
- Excellent listener and collaborator
- Grit and the ability to make continuous improvements to processes, materials, and self-development.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page (https://wistia.com/jobs) to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park