At Wistia, we have a lot of people using our software every day. Over 300,000 unique user accounts to be exact. And, every single month we're adding thousands more. These new accounts are our future customers, so their success is really important to us.
At other companies of our size, there are big teams working on the new user experience, we're just starting ours. That means you'll get to build new product experiences from the ground up and your code will be seen by tens of thousands of users every day. It also means you'll have the opportunity to scale your career as our team grows.
This is a high-visibility role within the company and a great next step for an engineer looking to have a bigger impact. The team will make decisions autonomously with the goal of increasing our onboarding rate. You’ll work alongside designers, marketers, and product folks to make the Wistia user onboarding experience exceptional. To do this effectively, you must learn how our product works so you can suggest creative solutions to our technical challenges. You'll have the opportunity to help us:
- Build new onboarding tools from the ground up
- Update existing experiences to make them more effective
- Implement tracking systems to give us data on our users and experiment
- Bring your perspective to our planning to help guide our questions and approach
We think you could be a great fit if you:
- You have worked on products before
- You love building things
- You are excited about our scale
- You are passionate about user onboarding
- Have 2+ years of software experience
Our business is built almost entirely on open source tools. You will work mostly with:
- Rails, Sinatra
- Haml, Sass
- RSpec, Jasmine
- HTML5 video
- MySQL, MariaDB, Redis, memcache
We're profitable, growing, and have raised only seed money, so we have the luxury of being able to invest in whatever will best serve the long-term value of the company. We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary and stock options package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Untracked vacation and sick leave (Most employees take about four weeks of vacation)
- Transportation subsidies
- Financial support for continuing education, professional development and sponsorship for conferences
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park.
- Plenty of office snacks and beverages, and a weekly catered team lunch.
- Annual winter ski trip (with plenty of non-skiing activities)
- Annual summer pond festival (lounging, water skiing, volleyball, etc)
We are working hard to make Wistia an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We want you to have fun here! Come join us and let’s build really cool things together.