Wistia is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our finance team! Do you have 1-2 years of experience in public accounting or several years of experience in private industry?
You will join a finance team whose mission is to deliver critical reporting and analysis to help inform decisions across the business. We believe that a strong company delivers strong financial performance. The Staff Accountant will have the opportunity to engage in meaningful accounting projects and enact process improvement change whenever possible. Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will be an integral member of the team and will need to have the ability to provide deliverables under tight deadlines.
- Own accounts receivable by applying incoming payments to customer invoices in billing system and managing the AR Aging. Following up with customers as necessary.
- Own accounts payable process from entering invoices to ensuring vendors are paid timely
- Record cash transactions in general ledger
- Prepare the reconciliation of various general ledger accounts, including cash, A/P and A/R
- Assist with the annual financial statement audit and tax preparation
- General compliance work such as annual 1099 preparation, monthly sales tax filings, state registrations
- Other ad hoc projects. We are constantly trying to improve our processes. There is a ton to do and learn!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years public accounting experience, or several years of general GL accounting experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You are joining a collaborative team and will also be expected to communicate with vendors and customers.
- Organized and detail oriented. You will work within deadlines in a fast paced environment so being able to determine priorities is important.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills. A critical foundational skill that is required for this role.
- Curious mindset. We are looking for someone who wants to understand the WHY behind transactions and is constantly looking for process efficiencies.
- Knowledge of SaaS based accounting software. We use Intacct as well as other SaaS tools to support our business.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Profit Sharing!
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park