It's becoming more difficult to build and engage an audience through traditional content and funnel marketing. Wistia's Director of Product Marketing will help empower small- and medium-sized businesses to confidently market in ways previously off limits to all but the biggest brands by clearly articulating the challenge marketers face, and telling the story of how to leverage our product to improve their efforts and engagement. We pride ourselves on teaching other marketers through our own creative marketing efforts (we just won a Webby!) and are looking for an exceptional Product Marketer able to not only impact our business, but lead by example.
- Paint the picture for the market on how Wistia's products can help small- and medium-sized businesses do what was previously only possible for larger companies with huge budgets. You will drive messaging and positioning for our product.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management. You are more than just a peer serving as the voice of the customer, you are a target customer. Your input will be key in building the best products for the market.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and execute on go-to-market plans that drive product adoption and customer success. From coordinating product videos, blog posts, training support, case studies, etc. Make it easy for SMB marketers to leverage our products to up their marketing game. Product launches are a big part of this, but there's much more than that.
- Deeply understand the market and help identify challenges, opportunities and differentiators.
- Strong storyteller. We need someone able to explain a problem to the market, articulate how our products help, and help our audience better use our products to up their game.
- Ability to manage and drive cross-functional work. This is one of the more cross-functional roles in the company. You should be able to work with Product, Design, Sales, Marketing, Creative, Research, Business Intelligence, Support and Senior Management.
- Strong written and verbal communication. You'll be communicating to our customers and our team frequently and through multiple channels. You should be able to simplify complex concepts, strategies and plans and distill a product's value proposition into messages that resonates and makes sense.
- A track record of getting things done. Sometimes that will require rolling up your sleeves to do the work; sometimes it will require coordinating multiple teams to deliver on a project.
- Comfort with ambiguity. We pay attention to where marketing trends are headed. That sometimes means shifting gear quickly or trying something new out to deliver the best product to our customers.
- A first principles thinker. To be on the cutting edge with both our marketing and our products, we ask big questions about marketing and challenge accepted best practices. We'll need you to do the same.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park