Do you enjoy problem-solving? Are you interested to work directly with a sales and product team? Does investigating key sales metrics and building reports get you excited? Are you eager to dive into competitive analysis and market trends? If you answered "yes" to a handful of these questions, we hope you keep reading!
Wistia is looking for a Customer Insights Research Intern to help us generate actionable customer and market insights to inform both strategic and tactical decisions. You'll be a part of our Customer Insight Team and work with Senior Leadership, Product, Design, Marketing, Business Intelligence and others as we try to deliver a top-notch experience for all of our prospects and customers.
- Generate actionable customer and market insights to inform both strategic and tactical decisions,
e.g., generate insights that:
- inform Wistia's product strategies (product offerings / customer value proposition, target customer, go-to-market strategies, strategic partnerships, pricing)
- aid in determining which product / product features to build
- assist in identifying potential new products to develop
- inform marketing messages
- aid in designing customer experience / journey
- These insights likely to include the following topics:
- customers' needs and painpoints
- customers' willingness to pay and purchasing behavior
- customer segmentation
- trends in current customer behavior
- market size and growth
- competitive landscape and dynamics
- value chain dynamics
- Proactively identify what Wistia needs to know about its target customers and the market in which it operates. Do so as a thought leader working closely with key stakeholders (Strategy, Product, Marketing, Design, Senior Leaders)
- Develop and execute creative and practical research plans to generate the required customer and market insights in a timely fashion. Match the research plan to the problem at hand, leveraging a range of research techniques, e.g.,:
- Qualitative - customer interviews, focus groups, expert interviews, monitoring market developments, etc.
- Quantitative - market data analysis, customer surveys, analysis of current customer behavior, economic modeling, etc.
- Synthesize and communicate key insights to appropriate audience (Strategy, Product, Design, Marketing, Senior Leadership, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with other members of product teams
- Plan and facilitate workshops for stakeholders
- Establish repeatable research methodologies and best practices to be shared across the organization
- Influence strategic and tactical decisions with the insights generated
Requirements / Qualifications
- Self-directed; comfort with ambiguity
- Expertise in qualitative methodologies and research
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to influence others
- Analytic problem solving skills, with an ability both to see the big picture and delve into details