At Wistia, we do video hosting for business, and we work hard to find easy, delightful solutions to complicated problems. The Customer Happiness Team embodies this work by tackling the issues our customers encounter with elegance and grace, giving support that's timely, easy, and most of all, human. We build fun relationships with our customers, who span marketing, sales, support, video production, and HR teams in companies of all shapes and sizes. For us, success is helping customers be even more amazing at their jobs than they were before they talked to us.
As a Wistia Customer Champion, you’ll be one of the stars of our support inbox - guiding customers as they navigate the new and uncertain territory of our product. You’ll learn to translate technobabble into real world human speak. Even though there’s plenty of challenging and occasionally tedious work to go around, you’ll always value taking time for creativity, curiosity, and patience over rigidity and the status quo.
Your typical day includes:
- Answering our customers’ questions with timeliness and good cheer; using email, phone and video to show them the path to Wistia glory.
- Coaching new users through the fundamentals of using their Wistia accounts and our product.
- Fielding questions from more experienced Wistia customers of all walks of life, and helping to fix their video-hosting problems, big and small.
- Diving deeper into tougher technical issues - learning solo by trying, testing and tripping up, and in collaboration with more seasoned team-mates.
- Checking in with fellow Champs throughout to make sure our inbox stays ticking over, and our team wheels keep on turning.
- Spotting users’ feedback about the product and our support resources, and sharing their voice with the rest of the team.
- You’ve got prior experience working in technical support, either in SaaS or a related field: you're comfortable troubleshooting webpages, and familiar with HTML and CSS.
- You love trying out different approaches for solving the problems you encounter in everyday life, especially by Googling with reckless abandon.
- Friends come to you first since you’re such a patient and empathetic listener.
- You proofread your emails for clarity and accuracy three times before you send them out, just in case.
- You love to collaborate, but are great at flying solo, managing your own time.
- You love to learn and ask questions.
- You love to help others learn, putting in the extra effort until you’re confident you’ve helped them think through their problem.
- The quality of support you give customers, based on customer feedback and internal review.
- The quantity of your customer interactions and contribution to team productivity goals.
- Your advocacy for improvements to the Wistia product and customer experience.
- Your contribution to our team’s success and well being: embracing responsibility; improving processes; asking questions; learning and teaching others; doing fun work.
The type of business we’re building:
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary and stock options package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park.
If you'd excel in the role of Customer Champion, we'd be excited to talk with you!