Wistia is a video platform built for business. As a company we value long-term thinking, creativity, presentation, and simplicity. We’re looking for a driven, creative person to help take Wistia’s market share to the next level through sales development.
Video is a uniquely effective medium to communicate your brand’s message at scale. Our platform provides leading capability to create professional looking videos, understand your audience, and improve decision making on what to produce next. Our content helps people at any level of experience with video marketing present the best of what their company has to offer, and measure the results.
Wistia's global customer base is 20,000 strong, including Squarespace, Mailchimp, Zendesk, Shopify, Lush, and Restoration Hardware. But, we’ve only scratched the surface of our addressable market. When most people think video strategy, they think only of maximizing total views. That’s where you come in—to help potential customers discover new opportunities to move their business forward through video.
SDRs play a critical role in building our sales pipeline, which directly impacts the entire company’s bottom line. You’ll report to the Sales Development Manager and be responsible for daily proactive outreach to potential customers through phone, email, and video. Your focus is to understand their requirements, hopes, and dreams for creating a successful video strategy at their company. Once you’ve engaged, excited, and delighted the potential customer, you’ll connect them with one of your colleagues on the Account Executive team for an in-depth discussion. From there, Account Executives work to design a personalized plan based off all the information you’ve gathered to bring the new customer on board. And if it turns out we won't be a fit, our focus is to always add value throughout the sales process.
Your typical day includes:
- Engaging with existing customers to help them get the most out of their Wistia plan
- Creatively reaching out to warm leads through, phone, email, and video voicemail
- Working with sales and marketing on outreach campaigns, lead management, creative copy, and deal review
- Utilizing HubSpot CRM to document your daily activities
This job might be for you if you:
- Have some experience in sales, fundraising, or business development
- Are genuinely curious to learn about people, their goals, and business challenges
- Like being part of a team, but are an independent self-starter
- Have strong time management, organization, and decision-making skills
- Are motivated to help others
- Love to learn
- Have the ability to be coached and mentored
- Are ok with rejection (it happens sometimes)
Upon coming on board, you can expect to:
First three months:
- Develop a solid understanding of the Wistia product, the way we do business, and the way we work with our customers
- Understand and deliver the company value proposition
- Collaborate with your team to exchange ideas on email templates, voicemails, product, and overall outreach strategies
- Master the tools necessary to complete daily activities
- Build relationships within the sales team and across the company
- Continue to build on your skills and product knowledge
- Delighting each and every customer you speak with
- Develop a clear understanding of marketing automation tools and how we work with them
- Learn about other video technologies on the market and how Wistia is different
- Work with mentors to set goals for personal and professional growth
Your success will be measured by:
- Consistently meeting and exceeding goals related to new customer acquisitions and company growth
The type of business we’re building:
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building and the values we believe in on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary and stock options package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Untracked vacation and sick leave (most employees take about four weeks of vacation)
- Transportation subsidies
- Financial support for continuing education, professional development and sponsorship for conferences
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park.
- Plenty of office snacks and beverages, and a weekly catered team lunch
- Annual winter ski trip (with plenty of non-skiing activities)
- Annual summer pond festival (lounging, water skiing, volleyball, etc.)