Do sales differently at Wistia. Throw out the sales script and let your individuality shine when teaching potential customers how to better leverage video in marketing their business. Understand the needs and challenges of prospective customers and deliver an experience (and solution!) that actually delights them.
Wistia delivers a simple and easy-to-use solution to over 20,000 customers, including companies like Mailchimp, Casper, Zendesk and Shopify. With video content being a critical component to any marketing strategy - and companies wanting more ownership of their customers’ experience - we’ve only begun to scratch the surface of the market. We need creative, curious and autonomous sales professionals to join our team and help more small- and medium-sized businesses grow and engage their audience.
- Engage with existing customers to help them get the most out of their Wistia plan.
- Take a creative approach to outreach via phone, email and video voicemail to generate discovery calls and convert those calls to opportunities for account executives.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing on outreach campaigns, lead management, creative copy, and deal review.
- Strong time management, organization, and decision-making skills. We give a lot of autonomy, but it requires people to be independent self-starters and disciplined about how they use their time.
- A willingness to accept coaching and adapt your approach. We’ll invest in helping you grow and improve as a sales professional, but you need to be open to it.
- A genuine curiosity about people, their goals and their business challenges, then a desire to help them find the right solution (even if it’s not us).
- Comfort with rejection. Customers are interested in our products, but every SDR hears “no” a good amount. We need people able to bounce back and reach out to the next customer.
- A background in sales, business development or fundraising is helpful, but not required.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels engaged, fulfilled, respected, comfortable and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- Competitive salary (SDRs start at a 50k base)
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA (experience life without a ton of deductions from your paycheck!)
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park