At Wistia we believe that every person in every business will use video to communicate every day, for asynchronous as well as live communication. It will feel as fluid and natural as it does to text or call someone today.
This reality is still a ways off, but we're super excited to help the world get there faster through simple and delightful video-focused products.
What is Sales Operations, you ask? Sales Operations at Wistia is focused on managing the sales team’s efficiency and effectiveness, while contributing to the sales team’s growth and customer experience goals. There are many different tasks and projects owned by Sales Operations and we work directly with many areas of the company.
This internship will support the various day-to-day work within Sales Operations and will also be tied to a unique summer-long project around how we can improve messaging and outreach across the sales team.
This project will focus on:
- research on our current sales process and the messaging used
- research on industry best practices for nurture campaigns and sales sequences
- learning how our CRM works, specifically the template, sequence, and workflow tools
- learning the products and features we offer
- creating content and documentation
- suggesting recommendations to the sales team
In this internship, your typical day might include:
- Working with our CRM (customer relationship management software)
- Keeping tools, documentation, and the CRM updated
- Arming the Sales, Success, and BD team with automation and logic to help make outreach and the customer's experience better
- Interacting with Sales Managers, Sales Reps, and Marketing Operations and sitting in on team meetings
- Pulling data to determine performance across the team and surface trends in the sales cycle
- Planning new and creative ways to share the Wistia brand and value
This internship might be for you if you:
- Are interested in learning more about how a Sales and Success team operates and works with others in an organization (like marketing, product, finance, and business intelligence)
- Know you want to work in an environment where the customer's (or prospect's) experience is always put first
- Are eager to solve problems
- Enjoy working with data and analytics
- Want to directly help a growing sales and success team
- Are organized and can create clear documentation
- Thrive in a fast-paced, growing office environment
During your internship, you can expect to:
- Gain an understanding of Wistia’s products, business goals, and strategic objectives
- Navigate an evolving organization and collaborate with many people and departments
- Learn all about Wistia's products, their value, and the overall market
- Hear about the amazing customers that use Wistia
- Improve key leadership skills (for example: goal setting, help run a meeting, present information to the team or company)
Your success will be measured by:
Your ability to execute on various programs and projects and share the learnings that come out of them.
This role is a paid internship with the expectation of about 30 hours a week.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for the culture at Wistia. We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We have a convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park.
If this sounds exciting to you, we hope you'll get in touch, so we can continue to build a great company and product together!