At Wistia we believe that every person in every business will use video to communicate every day, for asynchronous as well as live communication. It will feel as fluid and natural as it does to text or call someone today but even more personal and human 🤗
This reality is still a ways off, but we're super excited to help the world get there faster through simple and delightful video-focused products.
We're looking for a Director of Design to ensure that we:
- Make it amazing — From website to product to events to swag to signage in our office, from the biggest projects to the smallest details, Wistia demands excellent design in both form and function.
- Do it different — We are taking a different path than many of our contemporaries, and we pride ourselves on thinking for ourselves and standing out. We value creative risk-taking and experimentation.
- Use design thinking everywhere — We want a design leader who will help implement design thinking in all parts of our organization, not just on the design team itself.
The primary ways we expect the Director of Design to achieve this is through:
- Design mentorship — We don't need a leader who is a master of every design discipline, but we need a strong mentor and connector who can cultivate talent and help us all grow. We want someone who helps designers learn the full design stack.
- Thought leadership - As a team, we want to advance design thinking in the world of business through events, writing, and speaking. The Director of Design educates and advocates for design thinking externally as well as internally to the Wistia team.
- Editing — The Director should have impeccable taste and maintain a high bar for design quality across the organization. We expect the Director to be a strong editor.
- Teamwork — We're not a loose collection of unruly superstars. We do our best work when we're collaborating, critiquing each other's work, and sharing our craft. The measure of the leader is the success of the team.
- Recruiting — The Director is a team builder. We love to hire high-growth designers, who have a solid base level of talent but are early or largely unproven in their careers. They thrive on pushing forward our brand, visual style, and products, and come to Wistia because their work has an outsized impact on our company's success.
The type of business we’re building:
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare, dental and vision coverage for you and your family and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park
If this sounds exciting to you, we hope you'll get in touch, so we can continue to build a great company and product together!