Wistia’s Creative team is seeking a writing all-star who will join us on our quest to deliver mind-blowing content to video marketers across the globe!
Content is the heart of the Wistia brand. As a multi-product company, we have an ever-growing need for producing creative long-form content and delightful microcopy. As a member of Wistia’s Creative team, you’ll produce stellar content for our audience, as well as manage and deliver on our copy needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support our Marketing, Product, and Sales teams by brainstorming, writing, and editing copy for our customer-facing projects
- Generate long-form creative content, including blog posts and video scripts
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders and project leads to better understand and creatively execute our strategy through content
- Work alongside other writers to deliver a variety of microcopy needs, including UX and website copy, marketing emails, advertising, and social media campaigns
- Work with our Creative team to maintain the quality—and push the boundaries—of the Wistia brand as it pertains to writing
This job might be for you if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in content creation and copywriting
- Take an approach that maintains a healthy balance between creativity and urgency
- Thrive while managing many streams of work and deadlines
- Are organized, but able to adapt to and work within different team processes
- Are a strong communicator and feel comfortable building cross-functional relationships
- Take a proactive approach to project management that welcomes both casual communication and efficient processes
- Are a curious, fast learner who isn’t intimidated by new technology
- Have a personal portfolio that reflects a passion for writing and creative pursuits
In your first three months, you can expect to:
- Get a deep understanding of the Wistia product and our customer base
- Gain an understanding of Wistia’s business and strategic objectives
- Familiarize yourself with Wistia’s brand and tone as it pertains to content and copy
- Learn key Creative team processes
- Somehow, some way… be involved in creating a video
- Write, write, and write some more
Your success will be measured by:
- The quality of the work, ideas, and approaches you contribute to our team
- Your ability to hit deadlines and empower other teams to move quickly
- Work that displays an understanding of Wistia’s long-term strategy
The type of business we’re building:
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just short walk from Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park.
We are working hard to make Wistia an inclusive place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We want you to have fun here! Come join us and let’s build really cool things together.