Wistia is not your average B2B SaaS company.
We are a leading video platform for businesses that want to better create, customize, host, share, and analyze the videos that power more human connections with their prospects, customers, and employees. We serve companies small and large, and teams ranging from marketing and sales to support and HR.
We are growing fast, even though we’ve been around since 2006. We unabashedly enjoy the fun culture and nimbleness typical of a tech startup, but we’re profitable and have chosen to raise only seed money, so we have the luxury of being able to focus our investments on whatever we think will best serve the long-term value of the company.
Wistia's Social Media Coordinator plays an integral role in championing Wistia as a pioneer and thought leader in the video space. They should have a knack for managing multiple social media profiles, be inspired by the ever-evolving world of social media, and above all else, be willing to experiment with new and emerging tactics. Reporting directly to the Content Marketing Manager on the Creative team, the Social Media Coordinator is responsible for posting, monitoring, tracking, and reporting on all social media properties, while increasing engagement and supporting the blog by writing and publishing posts. This is a highly creative, detail-oriented, and fast-paced role which will also require lots of collaboration with teams across the organization including design, customer happiness, sales, and product.
Your typical day includes:
- Building and maintaining an editorial calendar for all social channels (including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Quora, and whatever comes next!)
- Engaging with our audience on a daily basis by communicating with followers and responding to comments and posts in a timely manner
- Working closely with our Content Marketing Manager on strategic planning
- Monitoring and reporting on our paid social promotions
- Collaborating with our design team on unique, beautiful assets for social channels
- Writing and distributing engaging blog content
- Researching emerging trends and identifying new opportunities for our social media channels
- Analyzing social posts, identifying trends, and using data to help inform decisions
- Maintaining brand consistency and tone of voice across all channels
- Working with our Customer Champs to ensure we're providing support on social media
Your success will be measured by:
- Ability to maintain brand voice across copy and content
- Increasing content formats and distribution in new and exciting ways
- Attracting and engaging with new members of our online communities
- Ability to push the boundaries and take creative risks
- 2-3 years experience managing social media channels and writing content
- Excellent copywriting, communication, and multitasking skills
- Solid understanding of social media platforms and best practices
- Experience with writing creatively and meeting deadlines
- Basic knowledge of design principles (experience with Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Knowledge of social media management and measurement tools (including Hootsuite, Facebook Analytics, and Google Analytics)
- A passion for all things video. From Facebook Live to Instagram Stories, video is the future of social media and we're looking for someone who is creative and resourceful enough to take some serious risks on these channels. If you're super excited about exploring the world of video and have some experience in this area already, then this role could be a great fit for you! Are you in the loop on the latest and greatest trends in social media, content, and technology? We want to chat!
In the first three months, you can expect to:
- Gain a deep understanding of Wistia's tone, voice, and overall brand
- Have complete ownership over all social channels and properties
- Be involved in the ideation, planning, and execution of a social media campaign
- Meet with Wistians across the entire business, from support to sales
- Learn key creative team processes
The type of business we’re building:
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid health and dental coverage
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Untracked vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- Financial support for continuing education, professional development and sponsorship for conferences
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park.
If this sounds exciting to you, we hope you'll get in touch, so we can continue to build a great company and product together!