Wistia is seeking a creatively driven senior copywriter to join our Creative team! Must love video.
As a multi-product company, Wistia has a growing need for centralized and consistent solutions for copy. Joining the ranks of our creative creative team, you will help manage, deliver, and scale the process of our ever growing copy needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and deliver a variety of microcopy needs including UX and website copy, marketing emails, advertising, and social media campaigns
- Support our marketing, product, and sales teams by ideating, outlining and editing copy for customer-facing projects
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders and project leads
- Generate long-form creative content including blog posts and video scripts
- Develop and maintain brand and tone guidelines for a company of motivated contributors
This job might be for you if you:
- Have 5+ years experience copywriting
- Thrive managing many streams of work and deadlines
- Take an approach that maintains a healthy balance between creativity and urgency
- Are organized, but able to adapt to and work within different team processes
- Are a strong communicator and feel comfortable building cross functional relationships
- Take a proactive approach to project management that welcomes casual communication in addition to process
- Are a curious, fast learner who is not intimidated by new technology
- Have a personal portfolio that reflects a passion for writing and creative pursuits
In your first three months, you can expect to:
- Get a deep understanding of the Wistia product and our customer base
- Gain an understanding of Wistia’s business and strategic objectives
- Familiarize yourself with Wistia’s brand and tone as it pertains to creative and copy
- Learn key creative team processes
- Meet with Wistia teams to understand their copy needs and collaborate to meet those needs
- Somehow, someway… be involved in creating a video
Your success will be measured by:
- The quality of the work, ideas, and approaches you contribute to our team.
- Your ability to hit deadlines and empower other teams to move quickly.
- Work that displays an understanding of Wistia’s long term strategy
The type of business we’re building:
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just short walk from Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park.
We are working hard to make Wistia an inclusive place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We want you to have fun here! Come join us and let’s build really cool things together.