Wistia is a video platform built for business, and we shout from rooftops that video is a uniquely effective medium to communicate your brand’s message at scale. We’re looking for a driven, creative salesperson to help take Wistia’s market share to the next level.
Our platform provides leading capability to understand who your viewers are, what information they need, and how to make that insight actionable. Our content helps people at any level of experience with video marketing present the best of what their company has to offer, and measure the results.
Our global customer base is 20,000+ strong, but we’ve only scratched the surface of our addressable market. When most people think video strategy, they think only of improving total views. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for someone:
- Genuinely curious to learn about people, their goals, and business challenges.
- Passionate about figuring out how things work.
- Motivated to help people on your team learn and grow.
- Excited to learn from others.
As an Account Executive at Wistia, you’ll act as a valued advisor on how to leverage video to achieve business goals. You’ll sell primarily to an audience of marketers, along with folks in sales, support, training, and video production. The role includes opportunities to collaborate and lead on projects with bottom line impact on a growing startup.
This job might be for you if you:
- Have 1-5 Years of Quota Carrying SaaS or Software Sales Experience
- Practice customer focused, value based selling
- Demonstrate a track record of exceeding quota and achieving performance recognition
- Possess leadership abilities and a team oriented attitude
- Are willing to adapt to and contribute to an evolving sales team’s strategy
Your typical day includes:
- Collaboration with Solutions Development Representatives (SDRs) to handle a pipeline of opportunities at various stages in the sales funnel.
- Conducting consultative demos of Wistia, typically within three topic areas:
- Video as part of your marketing and automation priorities.
- Wistia’s capability to reliably deliver HD video across the globe, at any scale.
- Opportunities for Wistia to deliver strategic value through our account management offering and the highest level of support.
- Collaborating with technical members of the Wistia team to ensure consistency, clarity, and accuracy in all recommendations provided to current and prospective customers.
Success in this role is measured by:
- Performance against monthly and quarterly expectations of opportunities won.
- Maintaining an average of at least a 4.5 out of 5 star satisfaction rating from all prospective customers you connect with.
- Ability to generate at least 15% of your monthly pipeline through your own outbound efforts.
- Willingness to adapt and collaborate with colleagues across teams.
The type of business we’re building:
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company we’re building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park
If this sounds exciting to you, we hope you'll get in touch, so we can continue to build a great company and product together!