If you haven’t heard of Wirex, then you’ll now know why we’re recruiting - we’re a fintech secret on the cusp of becoming famous! With a genuinely differentiated product, we’re connecting crypto, currencies and convenience for users around the world - all wrapped in an app and armed with a VISA card that can be used to pay for the tube, swap currencies (digital and fiat), or buy ‘that’ new thing you saw last time you visited the local shopping mall.
Our consumers are many, and everywhere – but we’re looking to build and scale our brand. With 3 product offerings (APAC, NA and Europe) we’re a 24-7 diverse collection of people, from hardcore crypto geeks to people that are just passionate about being in fintech and working on a new way of making payments faster and simpler.
- Support the CRO in the development of a business wide controls framework.
- Engage in the scoping, design and implementation of controls, specifically preventative controls to ensure a complete, effective and efficient first line control framework across the range of Wirex products and systems
- Partner with 1LOD businesses to ensure compliance with relevant Firm policies/standards, also external regulatory expectations and industry standards where relevant, whilst remaining a commercial proposition and strategic objective orientated.
- Lead risk based assessments and gap analyses to review inherent and residual risk associated with business processes, systems, and products
- Partner with Business and stakeholder groups including R&D, Technology, Finance, Trading, products, compliance, fraud, marketing etc. to design and deliver effective and efficient control solutions, both strategically and tactically where required.
- Engage with external vendors in order to understand and document control solutions currently in place.
- Implement plans to continuously evolve control framework including ongoing migration of detective controls to become preventative
- Work with Audit and other Control groups to drive forward control enhancement initiatives, and investigate control failures.
- Embed new controls into business and legal entity dashboards and Manager Control Assessments (MCA)
- Ensure that relevant control standards and control documentation is kept up to date, and control framework practices are considered as businesses introduce new products or changes.
- Work closely with business partners on findings and makes recommendations on improving practices.
- Leverage data to examine impacts to customer experience, control gaps and regulatory breaks.
- Contribute to monthly/quarterly business control reviews and various control forums and Committee meetings as needed.
- This position will ideally suit a candidate that is looking for a new challenge with a modern and progressive outlook, that shares the same ambition and values as the firm. You must ideally be a professional qualified in the form of ACA/ACCA.
- Ideally you will be moving from a Manager/senior manger level role that has given you exposure to this level of business and experience.
- Proven working experience in financial services
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, risk management software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance or 5years+ experience in role
- 25 days Holiday
- Health cover
- Flexible office hours
- Work on an incredible innovative product
- Opportunity to grow your career and professional development at an innovative FinTech company
- Central Location
- Work in a friendly and creative environment
- Regular team gatherings and social events
Diversity and Inclusion
We invite applications from anyone who shares our vision and demonstrates our company values. If you have what it takes to perform the role and have the capabilities required that we have listed in the job description, then we want to hear from you.
We embrace unique and are immensely proud of our diverse team and inclusive culture, if you want to be a part of our exciting journey, don't hesitate to apply.