If you haven’t heard of Wirex, then you’ll now know why we’re recruiting - we’re a fintech secret on the cusp of becoming famous! With a genuinely differentiated product, we’re connecting crypto, currencies and convenience for users around the world - all wrapped in an app and armed with a VISA card that can be used to pay for the tube, swap currencies (digital and fiat), or buy ‘that’ new thing you saw last time you visited the local shopping mall.
Our consumers are many, and everywhere – but we’re looking to build and scale our brand. With 3 product offerings (APAC, NA and Europe) we’re a 24-7 diverse collection of people, from hardcore crypto geeks to people that are just passionate about being in fintech and working on a new way of making payments faster and simpler.
Ensure that the design, implementation, oversight of risk management is appropriate, aligned to the strategic priorities and embedded within the business. It should reflect best practice and be both practical and effective
- Support the CRO with the enhancements, implementation, and oversight of the Group’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Developing and supporting the CRO and wider business with our governance processes.
- Developing and maintaining cross-functional elements of our risk management framework.
- Developing and continually enhancing our control environment together with the supporting tools and education.
- Providing guidance and advise to the business and particularly our value chain teams.
- Establishment and evolution of our risk appetite framework
- Contributing to the monitoring of the firm’s risk profile through KRIs, incidents and other risk monitoring tools.
- Supporting and conducting in Risk assessment in line with the business requirements.
- The creation and management of the Annual Risk Management plan.
- Formation of the Risk Reports to the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Supporting the implementation of our risk framework in our international and other operating subsidiaries.
- Developing and producing insightful management information.
- Contributing to strengthening firmwide risk awareness and culture.
- Develop, implement and manage risk policies, risk procedures, key risk indicators and risk appetite statement metrics tracking.
- Build and manage incident management process including monitoring of communication channels for risk incident alerts, partner with Group resources on investigating groupwide risks, partner with the business on development of any remediation actions, registration of risk events, managing and delivering risk incident reports
- Development of the Business Resilience / operational resilience frameworks.
- Lead various projects to uplift the risk management capability.
- You will develop Wirex’s Risk Strategy and Appetite, driving the implementation and embedding of the risk culture, knowledge, and skills across the business, building and maintaining the Enterprise Risk Framework, developing the internal control framework, and supporting the business areas in the implementation of effective controls.
- Create meaningful KRI’s, reporting methodologies, and tools to monitor our risk profile against appetite and support Group Risk Committee and ensure Business Continuity plans are in place and implement the Incident Management progress, monitoring reports and identifying actions and root causes including fraud, control failure, and training gaps.
- Monitor and report on relevant emerging or trending risks and manage the risk-based group insurance programme and broker relations, performing control effectiveness and assurance reviews.
- Play a lead role in developing initiatives to support a healthy risk culture and to embed strong risk management across the business.
- Provide clear articulation and documentation of the Risk Governance framework along with all its component parts, including: risk taxonomy, risk appetite statements, key risk indicators (KRIs), risk management policies, event management policies, risk procedures, risk governance structure, etc.
- Support in the implementation of global fraud and AML decisioning systems upgrades/enhancements whilst ensuring client experience and fraud risk are not compromised.
- Support in the successful implementation of global fraud rules and strategies across all relevant systems.
- Provision of subject matter expertise to the business, IT and third party partners in fraud and AML decisioning, to enable the implementations of global fraud and AML decisioning systems
- Keeping up to date with the latest thinking, research and development, and industry best practice in the field of ERM.
- Attend and represent Wirex at Industry forums and meetings.
- Create and articulate strategic goals and short and medium-term priorities. Inspire and drive high performance in individuals and team, enabling each member to understand his/her role in team success.
- Set clear, challenging and stretching objectives with a concrete focus on business results, guiding principles and continual development. Monitor and review objectives with team members on a regular basis, providing the necessary resources and support.
- Ensure that timely and constructive feedback and coaching is provided to all team members, allowing them to grow and fulfil their potential. Proactively create and/or identify appropriate performance interventions for high and low performers.
- Manage team capability strategically by correctly defining talent requirements, succession planning for key roles and building internal and external networks to fill the pipeline.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory, legislative and industry rules and standards
Core Skills and Attributes
- Technical Skills
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in ERM risk management
- Advance knowledge of Risk Management and specifically ERM practices
- Professionally qualified or from a big 4 background
- Advanced knowledge of SQL programming
- Excellent knowledge of Fraud / AML Modus Operandi.
- Strong awareness of process, controls, systems and technology within fraud.
- Strong understanding of online, card, and application fraud threats
- Experienced in implementing fraud systems
- Experienced in driving analytical projects
- Exceptionally numerate and be able to interpret large data sets
- 25 days Holiday
- Health cover
- Flexible office hours
- Work on an incredible innovative product
- Opportunity to grow your career and professional development at an innovative FinTech company
- Central Location
- Work in a friendly and creative environment
- Regular team gatherings and social events
Diversity and Inclusion
We invite applications from anyone who shares our vision and demonstrates our company values. If you have what it takes to perform the role and have the capabilities required that we have listed in the job description, then we want to hear from you.
We embrace unique and are immensely proud of our diverse team and inclusive culture, if you want to be a part of our exciting journey, don't hesitate to apply.