If you haven’t heard of Wirex, then you’ll now know why we’re recruiting - we’re a fintech secret on the cusp of becoming famous! With a genuinely differentiated product, we’re connecting crypto, currencies and convenience for users around the world - all wrapped in an app and armed with a VISA card that can be used to pay for the tube, swap currencies (digital and fiat), or buy ‘that’ new thing you saw last time you visited the local shopping mall.
Our consumers are many, and everywhere – but we’re looking to build and scale our brand. With 3 product offerings (APAC, NA and Europe) we’re a 24-7 diverse collection of people, from hardcore crypto geeks to people that are just passionate about being in fintech and working on a new way of making payments faster and simpler.
We are looking for an objective Internal Auditor to add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting, technology, compliance and risk practices/ frameworks and a sound judgement. We want a professional who can ensure that all responsibilities are performed to the highest levels of integrity, quality and transparency and in a manner most likely to promote the success of the company, taking into account the interests of key stakeholders
- Develop and Deploy the Internal Audit Framework, Program and tools for the business.
- Develop the Internal Audit team into a leading Internal Audit team in the Payments and Crypto industry.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- This position will ideally suit a candidate that is looking for a new challenge with a modern and progressive outlook, that shares the same ambition and values as the firm. You must ideally be an Audit RI and be fully ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Ideally you will be moving from a Senior Manager/Director level role that has given you exposure to this level of business and experience.
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor or Senior Auditor in financial services
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, risk management software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance or 10yrs+ experience in role
- 25 days Holiday
- Health cover
- Flexible office hours
- Work on an incredible innovative product
- Opportunity to grow your career and professional development at an innovative FinTech company
- Central Location
- Work in a friendly and creative environment
- Regular team gatherings and social events
Diversity and Inclusion
We invite applications from anyone who shares our vision and demonstrates our company values. If you have what it takes to perform the role and have the capabilities required that we have listed in the job description, then we want to hear from you.
We embrace unique and are immensely proud of our diverse team and inclusive culture, if you want to be a part of our exciting journey, don't hesitate to apply.