If you haven’t heard of Wirex, then you’ll now know why we’re recruiting - we’re a fintech secret on the cusp of becoming famous! With a genuinely differentiated product, we’re connecting crypto, currencies and convenience for users around the world - all wrapped in an app and armed with a VISA card that can be used to pay for the tube, swap currencies (digital and fiat), or buy ‘that’ new thing you saw last time you visited the local shopping mall.
Our consumers are many, and everywhere – but we’re looking to build and scale our brand. With 3 product offerings (APAC, NA and Europe) we’re a 24-7 diverse collection of people, from hardcore crypto geeks to people that are just passionate about being in fintech and working on a new way of making payments faster and simpler.
Do you think you're an information geek and quick learner? You like to be aware of everything and have a passion for information security. Wanna be a part of a revolutionary product that changes the world but don’t know how to do it?
Welcome to our company! Wirex has an opening for a Security Engineer in the Kyiv office where you can get invaluable experience and enhance or apply your skills!
Who we are
We’re a FinTech company based in the UK, with an extensive R&D center in Kyiv and offices around the world (Atlanta, Toronto, Tokyo, and Singapore).
We are the first payment platform to seamlessly integrate digital and traditional currencies and to support multi-currency accounts, blockchain-powered cross-border transfers, and exchange services.
Our mission is to give everyone the power to use one single global platform for traditional financial and digital assets from anywhere in the world.
We have more than 3 mln users in 130 countries and we’re constantly expanding. It’s an exciting time to get on board!
Whom we’re looking for?
As Security Engineer, the primary focus of your role will be supporting the security engineering function in Wirex.
You will work closely with a wide range of technical teams that will span across innovation, infrastructure, architecture (solutions, security), web, DBA, DevOps, test and business units to ensure that Security meets not only today's requirements but also use your security skills and hands-on techniques to test and validate services, solutions and suppliers.
- Drive one or more Scrum Teams as the Business Analyst for web and mobile apps development.
- Enterprises protection, intelligence and disruption to identify and dismantle external threats
- Developing a set of security standards and practices
- Recommending security enhancements to management
- Assisting with installation or processing of new security products and procedures
- Watching out for irregular system behaviour
- Supervising changes in software, hardware, and user needs
- Reporting findings to management
- Helping plan an organization’s information security strategy
- Educating staff members on information security through training and awareness
- Recommending modifications in legal, technical and regulatory areas
- Initiate a standard (periodic) scans of networks to find vulnerabilities
- Conducting scans of networks to find vulnerabilities, penetration testing etc.
- Relevant, Information Security and Information Technology knowledge. Applicants able to demonstrate this experience and knowledge, certifications will be considered as an advantage.
- Microsoft Certifications focussed on security (e.g. Microsoft Certified: Security Operations Analyst Associate, Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate)
- Experience with intelligence and disruption to identify and thwart external threats to the enterprise, executives and data across the public attack surface.
- Technical knowledge in one or more of the following - Unix, AIX, Linux, Windows, Oracle, F5, WAF Cisco Palo Alto, Azure, AWS, Google;
- Some experience in secure coding/scripting, examples include (HTML, Bash, Python, Java, Ruby, Powershell, PHP)
- Experience in supporting Identity and Access Management suites and their enterprise implementation, including API security, RBAC, ABAC highly desirable
- Experience of Nessus, Elk, Splunk, ELK, Kali, Nessus, Burp suite, Nipper and other security compliance tooling and their enterprise implementation.
- Flexible office hours.
- Medical insurance and paid sick leave.
- Paid state holidays and paid days on special occasions.
- Fast career development.
- PE accounting and support.
- Free parking.
- 20 business days of paid holiday a year.
Diversity and Inclusion
We invite applications from anyone who shares our vision and demonstrates our company values. If you have what it takes to perform the role and have the capabilities required that we have listed in the job description, then we want to hear from you.
We embrace unique and are immensely proud of our diverse team and inclusive culture, if you want to be a part of our exciting journey, don't hesitate to apply.