If you haven’t heard of Wirex, then you’ll now know why we’re recruiting - we’re a fintech secret on the cusp of becoming famous! With a genuinely differentiated product, we’re connecting crypto, currencies and convenience for users around the world - all wrapped in an app and armed with a VISA card that can be used to pay for the tube, swap currencies (digital and fiat), or buy ‘that’ new thing you saw last time you visited the local shopping mall.
Our consumers are many, and everywhere – but we’re looking to build and scale our brand. With 3 product offerings (APAC, NA and Europe) we’re a 24-7 diverse collection of people, from hardcore crypto geeks to people that are just passionate about being in fintech and working on a new way of making payments faster and simpler.
Are you fascinated by building Android Apps, and more than excited when your code accurately works? Then join our Wirex team in Kyiv. We are currently looking for an Android developer who will help to create groundbreaking fintech products. Send your CV immediately to be a part of an innovators team.
Who we are:
We’re a FinTech company based in the UK, with an extensive R&D center in Kyiv and offices around the world (Atlanta, Toronto, Tokyo, and Singapore).
We are the first payment platform to seamlessly integrate digital and traditional currencies and to support multi-currency accounts, blockchain-powered cross-border transfers, and exchange services.
Our mission is to give everyone the power to use one single global platform for traditional financial and digital assets from anywhere in the world.
We have more than 3 mln users in 130 countries and we’re constantly expanding. It’s an exciting time to get on board!
As a team member you'll be involved in:
- Development of the crucial components of the platform;
- Participate in grooming, planning and estimation sessions;
- Supporting and enhancing production applications;
- Transform the requirements to set of unit/integration tests;
We expect that you'll take a proactive position in platform evolvement, technical solutions, processes improvement etc.
- Writing code in a clean architecture paradigm.
- Covering logic with e2e and unit tests.
- Write code that is consistent and clean both in formatting style and design with current Android coding practices.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Work with a team of developers, designers, QA, and project management to produce high quality results.
- Agile mindset and ability to learn, analyze and adapt fast, as you’ll be working in the fastest growing field in fintech.
- Review code for your peers
- 3+ years of experience with Android application development using Android SDK.
Kotlin coroutines/flow, MVVM, Dagger2.
Good general programming and algorithm skills.
A strong sense of ownership.
Knowledge about mobile usability principles, design concepts, user expectations.
Great analytical skills.
An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions.
Working knowledge of Git and Gradle.
Team player who is motivated, self-learner and well organized.
Can work well and communicate effectively with diverse teams.
- Flexible office hours.
- Medical insurance and paid sick leave.
- 20 business days of paid holiday a year.
- Paid state holidays and paid days on special occasions.
- Fast career development.
- PE accounting and support.
- Free parking.
Diversity and Inclusion
We invite applications from anyone who shares our vision and demonstrates our company values. If you have what it takes to perform the role and have the capabilities required that we have listed in the job description, then we want to hear from you.
We embrace unique and are immensely proud of our diverse team and inclusive culture, if you want to be a part of our exciting journey, don't hesitate to apply.