WireWheel is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Product Engineering Development team. As a member of the core product development team, you will work on projects featuring WireWheel’s new and existing flagship products using the latest and greatest technologies and methodologies. We are looking to fill roles for both front-end and back-end development.
WireWheel is revolutionizing the area of privacy and data protection by helping companies to build and manage cutting-edge and scalable privacy programs. Recognized by IDC Marketplace, Forrester, and Gartner as a leader in worldwide data privacy management software, our cloud-based Data Privacy & Protection Platform is built by privacy experts using industry best practices to help organizations simplify, structure, and automate their approach to privacy program management. We help companies comply with today’s California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and EU General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) requirements and remain ready for any future regulatory regimes.
In this role you will:
- Develop production-quality code using standard development methodologies.
- Participate in and lead design and code reviews and other team ceremonies.
- Craft automated unit tests, producing high quality, maintainable code.
- Collaborate with team members to determine the best solution for problems.
- Generate accurate and detailed development level-of-effort based on scoped product requirements.
- Demonstrate perseverance while discovering a bug or issue’s root cause.
- Report and clearly document issues that you find in our bug tracking system.
- Work remotely while attending daily standups with the team.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of professional application development experience of the following:
- Experience with holding a leadership role in a software development team environment.
- Web-based SaaS application development using VueJs or equivalent.
- API development with NodeJs/Typescript or equivalent.
- Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure cloud platforms or equivalent.
- NoSQL: MongoDB, DynomoDB, Cassandra or equivalent.
- Knowledge of defining branching and merging strategies using GitHub or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of project management software Jira or equivalent.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Start-up experience helpful.
- Team collaboration is a must.
- Must be self-motivated.
WireWheel is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.