WireWheel is revolutionizing the area of privacy and data protection by helping companies to build and manage cutting-edge and scalable privacy programs. Recognized by IDC Marketplace, Forrester, and Gartner as a leader in worldwide data privacy management software, our cloud-based Data Privacy & Protection Platform is built by privacy experts using industry best practices to help organizations simplify, structure, and automate their approach to privacy program management. We help companies comply with today’s California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and EU General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) requirements and remain ready for any future regulatory regimes.
We are looking for an energetic and resourceful DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you will report to the Vice President of Infrastructure and partner with a team of engineers and data scientists. You will work on projects that improve the security, scalability, and observability of our systems, helping us to continue building an excellent platform. The ideal candidate is a curious problem-solver that approaches engineering solutions with a unique and comprehensive perspective. A software development background with experience in AWS, Azure, or GCP is a must. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is excited to work with cutting-edge technology, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is ready to take on a dynamic role amongst a team of close-knit, highly collaborative engineers. This is a full-time position at our office based in Arlington, VA, however, we are open to candidates working remotely, in person, or a combination of both.
This means you will:
- Develop software that builds hosting environments, manages the SaaS product, performs backups, handles disaster recovery, etc. using tools such as Python, shell scripting, Terraform
- Collaborate on system design, technology decisions, team roadmap, code reviews. We work closely as a team and try to avoid knowledge silos.
- Learn quickly on the fly to evaluate tools and technologies and to implement solutions
- Review log and metric dashboards and investigate anything unusual.
- Support development teams with database access, problem diagnosis, and consult on future technology and architecture decisions.
- Work frequently with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and GitHub Actions
- Become very familiar (if you aren’t already) with AWS ECS, ALB, S3, CloudFront, Lambda, and other AWS services.
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive software development experience, preferably including Python. You must possess an excellent understanding of software engineering fundamentals. Writing well-organized and maintainable code is crucial to our success.
- A track record of coming up with creative solutions and evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of different options
- The ability to provide egoless feedback on teammates’ ideas and accept the same in return.
- A security-focused mindset. Security is central to everything the team does.
- Experience designing solutions in AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of cloud security, networking, and design patterns.
People are what make WireWheel awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.